fifteen.

"Poppy do you have that file for the Webster case?"

I held out the manila folder that had been crudely scribbled on and smiled at the other girl I was working with.

I'd been here for two days, one technically considering yesterday was my first full day and I was already snowed under and everyone I worked with and for seemed to think I was a lot more capable than I actually was.

But I knew I shouldn't complain, third job interview lucky and one Monday afternoon induction later and here I was on my second day at Saunders Law, which was a firm that was in high demand and had high prices.

I also couldn't really turn it down considering Lindsee and I went homewares shopping on Sunday and ended up spending over five hundred pounds on crockery.

But that was a pretty good steal, we'd convinced ourselves of this afterwards, because that five hundred pounds included two twelve piece dinner sets, fourteen mugs, eight glasses and a set of really nice matte black sixteen piece cutlery.

And a twenty four piece set that was black and white which Lindsee wanted purely because it matched the single mug she bought which was cow print.

If that entire forty five minute spending spree wasn't enough, we'd walked past an Anthropologie shop and I got dragged inside without even knowing what was happening.

That resulted in an almost two hundred pound bill.

But in our, or rather my defence considering I was the one who kind of went bat shit crazy in that store despite my best friend being the one to drag us in, they had these really cool and pretty geode coasters that honestly just blew my mind.

So I ended up getting two of each colour, pink and blue and they had this really pretty pale pink geode cheese board.

So I got one of those too.

Not that either of us ever actually did a cheese board, I mean; I was sure the two of us ate enough cheese for the population of London but it was usually when it was on something, like pizza or chips; in fact anything we could put melted cheese on.

I flopped back into my chair, my eyes darting to the cute little clock I'd put on my desk and sighed, only forty five minutes left of my day.

I'd forgotten how hard it was working eight hours a day.

I mean, I knew it was a long day, it wasn't like I hadn't done it before and arguably this was better than being at a café or even being back at the flower shop because I was on my feet all day there.

At least I had a desk here.

But it probably was my fault considering I'd kinda gone crazy on the way home on Monday after my interview and subsequent induction because apart from the few things I'd worn for my internship in New York, I did not have office appropriate workwear clothing.

Hence the brand new pair of black and grey check ponte trousers I was wearing, coupled with a pair of brand new Lipsy heels which I'm pretty sure I was now bleeding in, despite them not even being that high!

Four inches!

But it was probably my fault for buying a brand new pair of shoes and immediately wearing them for the next two days in a row.

It also didn't help that the city was absolutely sweltering at the moment, the mid July heat wave couldn't have been more perfectly timed. The air conditioning in the office was beautiful and the mornings and evening before and after work were delightful.