thirty three.

"You're going to the Halloween party right?"

I looked away from the mirror and held the mascara wand away from my face just in case and considering I was clumsy I knew it was the smart move as I looked at Lindsee who was doing her own makeup on my bed.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Why?"

"Just wondered." Lindsee shrugged and I watched her for a long moment as she stuck her fake lashes onto her lid before I went back to my make up. "Have you picked a costume?"

"I kinda wanted to go as Vivian from Pretty Woman but Harry said no."

"Harry's a bore."

"Hey!"

I jumped as a figure appeared in my bedroom doorway and I looked away from the mirror to see both Harry and Niall standing there and Lindsee blinked rapidly before she looked at me.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Lindsee demanded as I finished off my makeup, throwing a smile towards Niall in the process before Harry kissed my cheek before he patted Pineapples head and lent against the wall.

"With a key." Harry drawled, "Thought you were supposed to be smart."

"Watch it." I warned Harry, his eyes rolling in response as Lindsee glared at him. "Her over you any day buddy."

Harry raised an eyebrow at me as Lindsee grinned triumphantly and I caught Niall kissing her in the mirror and I looked back at my unimpressed boyfriend and I shrugged.

"Thought yeh' said you were ready to go." Harry said instead of continuing our previous topic and I wondered if he realised I was serious.

I loved Harry and I always would but Lindsee was my best friend. Nothing was going to change that, she was always going to be in my life.

"I've just gotta put some shoes on." I said as I stood up from desk, Harry catching my wrist easily and tugging me into his chest and I watched as his eyes dropped down my body before he kissed me and I smiled against his lips.

"So what are we doing?" Lindsee asked as I pulled on a pair of black thigh high suede boots and ran my hands down my outfit.

"S'surprise." Harry said immediately making me look at him and then at Lindsee as Niall leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"Lins, what are we doing?" I asked my best friend, her eyes growing wide.

"Fuck sake Niall, y'know she can't keep a secret!" Harry snapped and I slapped his stomach half heartedly only for Harry to grab my wrist and hold it away from him and I blinked at him as he raised a challenging eyebrow at me.

"Lins I love you." I tried again making Lindsee press her lips together as Niall looked between Harry and I in something that resembled fear.

"C'mon we're leaving." Harry demanded as he jerked me along by my wrist and I clenched internally as Harry handed me my bag before he pulled me out of my room and I was aware of Niall and Lindsee following.

"Oh no I forgot my coat." I pouted in the lift, the four of us all crammed in and it made me think back to when Lindsee and I moved in back in July.

"Can wear mine." Harry muttered and I glanced at him, my eyes taking in his brown and orange white striped jumper.

Forget his coat, I wanted that jumper.

"You guys didn't drive together?"

I looked between Harry and Niall incredulously as I took notice of Harry's car and Niall's newer model of Range Rover.