eleven.

I pushed the shopping bag further up my arm as I fished around in my bag for my house key, ignoring Lindsee's laughing behind me; only to jump as the door was pulled open in front of us and I frowned as I looked up to find Giovanni standing in the doorway.

How was he in my house?

"Uh hi?" I said as he stepped aside for the two of us to enter my own house and I let the few shopping bags slip off my arm and onto the floor. "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you." Giovanni snapped and I sucked my teeth.

"No, I mean what are you doing inside my house?" I asked as I pulled my low tops off and fished my jacket out of one of the bags to hang up.

"Waiting for you, I just said that Poppy."

"How did you get in?" I crossed my arms, I knew I was being unreasonably aggressive but things were not great between us right now.

"I'm gunna go...do something in the kitchen." Lindsee mumbled before she made a beeline away from us, her own shopping bags abandoned in the foyer with mine.

"Don't look at her like that." I snapped at Giovanni as I sucked my teeth, his narrowed eyes pointed after my best friend and I felt a flash of anger run through my veins.

"She's a bad influence." Was all Giovanni said in return and I rolled my eyes.

"Hardly," I snorted before sighing, I knew that him coming to England was a bad idea and I was being proved right. "You never told me how you got in."

"I have a key."

"How?" I snapped, as far as I was aware the only people with a key to my house, were me obviously, Lindsee and Harry.

I swallowed as I remembered that I'd never taken the key back from him, although I doubted that he even had it still after all this time.

"I found it in a drawer in the kitchen." Giovanni explained as if it was obvious and I frowned.

"So you just took it? Why? This isn't your house! You don't live here!"

"I took it so I could use it to surprise you and be near you."

"Did you ever stop and think that I didn't want that?" I muttered as I ran a hand through my hair, I wasn't in the mood for this.

I wasn't in the mood for Giovanni at all to be honest, I'd had a really good day on the end of a kinda shitty week and all I wanted to do was come home, eat pizza with my best friend and get excited about going to see our possible new flats on Tuesday.

Oh yeah and my birthday on Wednesday, I guess.

"You know you've changed since being here." Giovanni shook his head and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's that meant to mean?"

"I mean you're not the same fiore I-"

"Don't call me that!" I snapped, my temper flaring as I stared at Giovanni through narrowed eyes.

"That is exactly what I mean! Ever since you came home you're different, you're rude and careless and lazy and I think it's your friends. What have you been up to today? Spending money when you're supposed to be looking for jobs!"

"Don't you dare bring my friends into this!" I hissed, "I don't know what you expected but I am exactly the same person I was in New York except maybe I'm not fucking sad anymore! I'm home with my friends who make me happy and I can spend my money however the fuck I want!"