parking lots.

the parking lot between panera and target will always hold a spot in my heart.

the middle section two to four spots back.

that will always be our spot.

it's where we hung out for the first time and where you really let me into the darkest parts of your mind.

"contact solution" will always be our little inside joke.

after a hard night at work that's where you could find us.

it's where we would sit for hours on end until my dad would call me asking to come home.

it's where hands slid under shirts and inhibitions were lost.

it's where lips met skin and i first realized that there might be some potential between us.

it took me a little over a year and a half to work up the courage to kiss you and when i did i realized that i didn't want to kiss anyone else ever again.

i sit in our spot sometimes and i think about you, as i so often do, and the memories we made there.

it makes me miss you.

i still see us there sometimes when i close my eyes.

i can see me laughing and doing anything i could to get you to laugh.

i always loved your laugh, it was my favorite sound.

and seeing you smile was something i cherished.

your eyes lit up and sometimes if you thought something was really funny you'd throw your head back as you laughed.

i could sit and look at you for hours.

you were my favorite person in the universe and i wished i could live in your gaze forever.

you were my sun,

but to you i was in another galaxy.