natural.

i remember our first kiss often.

it was as easy as breathing, even if it took me a year and a half to actually do it.

we were at your house on the couch watching power rangers because you were adamant that i watch it.

it started out as a shy, innocent thing.

every thought in my head flew out, the only one remaining was "why didn't i do this sooner?", the second your lips touched mine.

it was the most natural thing i'd ever done.

as it got more heated you were on top of me with your hands slowly making their way up my shirt, your fingertips ghosting along my skin.

i remember thinking it was a dream and trying to get myself to wake up.

this wasn't the first time your hands had made their way against my skin but it was the first time it'd felt so real.

this wasn't late at night in the car, this was during the middle of the day and it made everything electric.

kissing you was as easy as saying my own name.

i asked you a million times if you were comfortable with what was happening because i know you're always a little iffy when it came to physical stuff.

we'd always texted things but rarely physically did them.

it only seemed natural to ask how you were doing during it all.

after our, in my opinion, short-lived makeout we cuddled on the couch and i almost fell asleep.

soon after you drove us to the park to meet up with some people you knew and family and we listened to music and sang along horribly off-key just for the laughs.

i met people that you'd known all of your life and the family members you'd told me stories about on holidays.

your aunt and uncle gave you money for snow cones and you told me that everyone who was meeting me really liked me and that made my heart soar,

being accepted by those closest to you had to be a good sign for us, right?

you made a joke about how you bring someone new every year and i remember thinking to myself that i'd be here every year just because that's just how things turned out with us.

somehow you convinced me to play soccer with you, which was met with "i played softball instead for a reason!" and that reason was quite a good one.

you hit me in the face with the ball more than once, i still don't know how that happened.

the sight of you throwing your head back with your nose crinkling from laughing will always be one of my favorites.

you ran over and picked me up in your arms as if it was your natural reaction and we did it all the time.

you kissed the top of my head and apologized for doing it, which you didn't have to do because it was an accident but i appreciated it nonetheless.

that day will always live in my memory as one of the best days of my life.

i wouldn't trade that for anything.