not going to mention that he helped kill his dad

"No, that couldn't have happened!" Persephone let out a laugh as she listened to what Hades was saying.

"I swear it did," Hades responded after a few moments, entranced by her laugh.

"Wow, that's fascinating." Persephone swirled her drink with the straw.

"Yeah.. What's your favourite colour?" he asked and Persephone laughed again at the cliche question.

"Pink and black."

"Black's not a colour." he chuckled and Persephone could swear her insides melted.

"Then what's yours?" she challenged.

"Black," he replied with a smirk.

"You're such a hypocritical bumhole," she muttered with a scowl.

"So do you actually believe that the Greek Gods are real?" he sipped the scotch in front of him.

"Random, but yeah, of course, they've helped me plenty of times in my life." Persephone bit the inside of her cheek as she recalled some situations.

"Example?" Hades questioned, his jaw beginning to clench.

"When I was entering into the medical field I prayed to Asclepius a lot," she said, lifting her almost bare shoulders in a shrug.

"Is it your dream job?" he tried to control his anger, that weak god dared keep that information to himself.

"I work as a doctor." she raised an eyebrow at the man beside her.

"Yeah but is it what you truly want?" he questioned.

No one had ever asked her that.

"I want to be a florist," Persephone muttered in embarrassment as if it was something to be ashamed of, her red face and downcast eyes making it obvious.

Hades, on the other hand, was expecting this, of course, the Goddess of Spring would want to be a florist.

"What's wrong with being a florist?"

"We live in Brooklyn, do you see any florists living comfortably in this city?" she frowned and sighed, avoiding the real reason.

"Would you ever move?"

"To be a florist?" she scoffed, "No, I don't think so" Hades hummed in response and she turned to face him again, "We keep talking about me, what do you do for a living?"

"I escort dead souls to where they belong." he was smirking and it made it seem like a joke.

"Funny funny, now seriously, what do you do?"

"I... am in charge of many people's lives and their future." Hades spoke slowly, analysing his words before he said it.

"Like... a CEO?" Persephone pursed her lips as she thought.

"Yeah, sure." Hades nodded in agreement.

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." Persephone blurted out, and shot up, not being able to hold off the need to pee any longer.

Hades watched as she disappeared into the crowd, heading to the quieter part of the club.

Persephone finally left the bathroom, hurrying to return to the man that was waiting for her.

"Pez! Hey!" her head swiftly turned to Aric as she suddenly remembered the reason she was at the club in the first place.

Aric sat alone this time, his fiance elsewhere. He was looking at Persephone and was feeling a little bit confused. Perplexed at the jealous feeling that had begun to claw at his stomach as he spotted her talking to the dark, mysterious man who had a menacing atmosphere surrounding him. Just watching the brown-haired beauty laugh at what the man was saying made him feel furious, he should be the only one to cause laughter like that out of her.

But he had a fiance, and he didn't understand why he was feeling that way.

"Aric." Persephone acknowledged him and walked closer.

"Who was that guy you were talking to?" Aric asked her once she approached close enough.

"Oh, that's Hades, he's a friend." Aric didn't miss the way her eyes lit up when she spoke about him.

"Be careful, he looks dangerous and he reeks of death." he warned Persephone who snorted in return.

"Hades? No, he's a big softie, and how can someone reek of death?" she laughed and rolled her eyes, before turning, "I have to go, he's waiting for me." she flashed him a polite smile and went on her way.

Hades had been discretely watching the exchange with a menacing glare at the boy who he wanted to banish to the depths of Tartarus.

"Boyfriend?" he gritted out in question once Persephone returned.

"Nah, he's engaged." that response didn't affect Hades, he's seen the infidelity of many men.

Men in Olympus and even his own brother, who was unfaithful to Hera.

Hades' lack of response led Persephone to try to find a way to get a conversation flowing, "Tell me about your family."

"I'm fourth oldest in a family of six kids, three older sisters and 2 younger brothers. I have a very large and messed up family tree." Hades summed up, absolutely certain that once she actually came to understand that he was the actual King of the Underworld, she would know his and her family tree.

"Parents?" Persephone made the mistake of eating a peanut, which she forgot she hated, so made a disgusted face as the taste reached her taste buds.

"Dad's in Tartarus." Hades tensed and scowled, his mind filling with what his so-called-father had done to him, and his rage built, eyes becoming red as he became angrier.

"I'm sorry," Persephone spoke once she noticed his decline in mood, her hand reaching to touch his shoulder in comfort.

"For what?" he gritted his teeth, and her touch assisted him in calming down.

"For bringing up such a touchy subject." she stared into his progressively dulling red eyes that stared right back.

"It's fine, I made sure he was put there," and in an attempt to divert the conversation to something not as sad, he pointed the question to her, "what about your family?"

"I'm an orphan, I don't know who my parents were and I was left at the orphanage when I was maybe 4 with only a letter." she sighed with a tight smile.

Cursing, he apologised, to which she brushed it off, insisting that it was fine.

He reprimanded himself, what did he expect of the selfish Demeter? For her to allow her child to grow up thinking of other people as her parents? Hades knew Demeter better than that.