threats are always fun

The Moirae, the goddesses of fate, watched on as if it were a Netflix television show. They watched what they had foreseen coming to pass - visions turning to reality, prophecies coming to pass.

The three old ladies smiled gleefully, they always got what they wanted, for, after all, they spun the lives and fates of all, whether they had red blood or golden ichor in their veins, mortals and immortals alike.

---

"Zeus!" Upon arriving at Mount Olympus, Demeter let out an unearthly screech, she was furious.

Helios enjoyed playing his games, they seemed to be his only source of entertainment these days, and he was particularly enjoying this one.

Demeter stood in front of him, head high as she practically demanded him information on her daughter's whereabouts.

Her head was held high, face full of determination as she stared into the eyes of the titan. Just being so close to him made her sweat from the sheer heat that he emitted.

The gold skin that matched the ichor within him.

"You want me to tell you where your precious baby is?" He smirked, one hand lightly grazing the golden chariot's intricate design.

"Yes, you owe me for not telling me about Leanne." Demeter spat the name out in disgust.

The titan let out a hearty, boisterous laugh, his head tossed back, long blonde hair shaking softly, "I owe you?" he tapped his chin, eyes still lit up with mirth, "I owe you nothing, but if you really want to know... I am willing to make a deal."

He showed his teeth as he grinned, quite like a predator, flashing their fangs threateningly, and he was a predator, toying with his prey.

"What is it?" Demeter tried to maintain an unaffected look, but Helios could see that she wanted to get out of there as soon as she could.

"I tell you where your daughter is... and I also get to tell all of Olympus of the goddess of spring's rage," He felt giddy as a look of horror passed through his cousins' face, "of how she brought death instead of life... how the mass death was because -"

"Enough!" Demeter scowled, livid that she was practically being threatened.

"Which will it be cousin? Remain oblivious of your precious Persephone's whereabouts? Or allow your darkest secret, your daughter's curse to be shared among all of Olympus, and allow both of your reputations to be tarnished?"

At his words, Demeter had turned and walked away.

"Demeter, sister!" Zeus turned and smiled, acting unaware of her anger.

"Where is my daughter?" The goddess scowled as she came to a stop in front of his white marble throne.

"You mean, our daughter." He said just to spite her - it worked.

"Shut the Tartarus up and tell me where she is!" Zeus sat up in his throne, blue jeans and white shirt making it obvious that his muscles were tensed.

"Don't forget who you're talking to!" He frowned, voice thundering in the hall, he wouldn't deal with disrespect.

The booming sound resembled a thunderclap and shook Demeter to her bones. Her head bowed in respect and fear.

"I apologise, my King, I'm just worried about my daughter's safety." She kneeled, still feeling his power rolling off of him in rage.

"She's safe is all I know." Zeus internally smirked, safe with his brother, that's for sure.

"So you know where she is!" Demeter scrunched up the sides of her chiton in her fists.

"I don't." He lied through his teeth.

"Swear it on the Styx." The agriculture goddess fumed.

"I will do no such thing, who are you to order the King of Olympus, your King?"

Demeter grit her teeth in anger before storming away.

Below them, the earth was being covered with boreal snow, it was severe and no one could have seen it coming, no meteorologist, and no god-worshipper.

The earth was freezing at an unprecedented rate, crops quickly dying, leaving many farmers to begin to worry about their sources of income as supermarket prices skyrocketed. The hottest of deserts earnt layers of snow, as the cities were blanketed with the cold white substance meters high.

If this continued, in time, the world would freeze. In time - even with their modern appliances and their sciences - all the mortals would die, as they were beginning to, from the freezing cold. They would die from the goddess that kept them alive.