high school girl

Persephone looked at her phone for the tenth time and squealed. Falling back on her bed with her legs kicking the air, her hands clasped together in front of her face as she couldn't stop the butterflies that invaded her personal space.

The test message was from Hades and he was asking her if she wanted to go over to his place for dinner on Monday, the next day.

She hadn't even replied yet, after a whole hour, she was too busy freaking out like a high school girl.

"No, no, you can't feel this way, you've only been on one date with him, you can't possibly be in love with him - " she explained to herself as she sat back up, looking into a mirror beside the doorway leading out of her room, "You're in love with Aric, you've known Aric for a long time, you are not falling in love with a guy you've only known for practically a week."

The sound of someone pounding on the door surprised Persephone as she jumped in surprise. Rushing to the door, she opened it a bit to see a smiling Pat and a not so happy Leanne, "Hey! We decided to make a surprise visit!" Pat pulled out a bag of gummy bears from behind her back.

"Oh! Come in." opening the door wider, the two girls entered the house.

"You dressed to impress." Leanne muttered underneath her breath and Persephone unconsciously looked down at her appearance.

She wasn't expecting anyone to have come by, so she was wearing a large black shirt and her polka dot, cotton underwear, no bra.

"Lea!" Pat scolded quietly and elbowed the former, looking at Persephone to make sure that she hadn't heard, Pat assumed she hadn't.

"Have a seat, do you guys want tea or something?" they walked to the living room.

"Yes please, chamomile," Pat smiled and Leanne just rolled her eyes, "Lea would like the same."

Persephone nodded and walked to her kitchen, boiling some water and getting the tea bags out along with the mugs.

What was up with Leanne? Why was she acting like that?

Persephone's thoughts were interrupted by a loud screech signifying the boiling water. Finishing making the tea, she brought it to the visitors.

"So how have you been the past couple of days?" Pat hugged the mug in her hands and brought her feet to her chest.

"I've been good, you?" Persephone gave a polite smile.

Just at the beginning of that week, she was so comfortable with these two girls, but now it was as if they had only been friends for a couple of weeks to a month instead of years. But instead of feeling the dread that one would feel when thinking that their best friends were slipping away from them, Persephone could only feel guilt about her indifference. Especially to a certain redhead who sat stiffly as if in a stranger's home, nose upturned and eyeing everything, and especially Persephone, in mild distaste.

"It's been pretty good... Harry proposed to me!" Pat blurted out with a beaming smile, her left hand sticking out and revealing a diamond ring, the silver contrasting with her dark skin.

"Congratulations!" Persephone smiled at Pat's enthusiasm and reached forward, holding Pat's hand and looking at the ring, "It's beautiful, I pray that Hera blesses your marriage."

"Course you do." Leanne scoffed and the two other girls ignored her.

"So..." Persephone drawled, "How did he do it?"

"Oh, it wasn't that big and spectacular, but he took me to my favourite restaurant and got down on one knee before dessert." Pat looked down at her ring and an easy smile made its way onto her face.