people are salty

After a while, Persephone had finally been able to leave Chiron's office, and she walked into the crowd of people outside the 'School House', all clamouring to be friends with her. They all wanted to be friends with a goddess and possibly be able to get favours.

Amongst all the commotion, Persephone saw Carmine slip into the woods. Somehow managing to escape the crowd, Persephone followed.

"Persephone, daughter of the King of Olympus and the Goddess of Agriculture," Carmine spoke once she sensed that Persephone was there.

Carmine sat beside the river, shoulders hunched and legs pressed up against her chest as she stared into the clear water, her reflection staring back. Persephone was briefly reminded of Narcissus, as well as the flower, his namesake.

"Created perfectly, for the sole purpose of being the goddess of spring. You fit right into your role, and then there's me, daughter of the goddess of the rainbow, meant to be all optimistic and peaceful... You wouldn't want to be my friend." Carmine scowled.

Persephone went to sit beside her, dipping her hands into the water and swirling it around, "You know, I'm not created perfectly for my role - " Persephone began before Carmine interrupted.

"Not perfect my ass, I saw that giant pine tree that just grew out of nowhere, in no time." The red-head skidded a pebble across the water.

Persephone stayed silent, a knot growing in her throat as she repressed the want to scream out in frustration. She hated when people judged her to be something she wasn't, she wanted to strangle every living thing, luckily, she managed to repress the urge. She took her hands out of the water and wiped it onto the clothes that her mum made her wear. She then faced her right palm down to the riverbank, a large narcissus began to grow and sprout, until it was larger than a normal narcissus.

"Everyone has flaws, mine is particularly horrible, especially for the goddess of spring," Persephone reached forward, her index finger grazing a petal, and the entire flower began to wilt and die, Carmine watched on with wide eyes, "every plant I touch dies... how's that for the goddess of spring."

"Every plant?" Carmine asked in disbelief.

"Every plant." Persephone reached out and touched the trunk of a growing tree, and the leaves immediately yellowed and began to fall. Dead leaves raining over them.

---

No one was around, which was surprising because she hardly had any alone time anymore. Counting her blessings, Persephone quickly walked out of the school, head down and trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Everyone began to glance at her for longer than they usually would, and Persephone realized the achlýs wasn't changing how people saw her clothes.

Walking with her head down, she arrived at the restaurant that Leanne, Pat and she had decided to meet up at. She was anything but excited to see Leanne.

The restaurant was brightly lit, surrounded by windows and allowing light to pour in. The place had a reoccurring blue theme, decorative seashells littered the ceiling and the rough floor.

Spotting them at a table, she went over, smiling politely. Was it possible for someone to completely change personalities overnight? Because that seemed to be the case for Leanne.

"Fired from your job... serves you right." Leanne snickered once Persephone sat down.

Persephone had told no one about the loss of her job, but of course, Leanne knew. When sleeping with the President of the hospital, she could bribe him into doing whatever she wanted, including convincing him to fire a doctor.