epilogue that brings me great joy

The black wrought iron gates stood tall and magnificent, mint plants curling around the iron, serving as a warning to those who understood it's meaning.

Inside those gates, and inside the castle, Persephone was hugging the crying 9-year-old boy to herself as she spoke soothing words.

He would be very attractive when he got older.

A black-haired boy with high cheekbones and a strong nose, blood-red lips providing a contrast to his pale skin. Eyes - so black it was as if one was looking into an abyss - were glossy as tears trailed down his cold face.

"Melinoë!" Persephone yelled out, and a teenager stepped out of the shadows.

Black-white hair was thickly braided on both sides of her head, stopping just below her breasts. A saffron sweatshirt covering her ghostly skin, and black jeans that had half of it dyed white- the same side as her hair.

She was smiling, but as her pitch-black eyes perceived her brother, the smile was wiped off of her face.

"He deserved it." Was her hoarse excuse.

"Melinoë, even if he deserved it, remember what I told you?" Persephone tutted.

"Never family." Melinoë grumble before perking up, "But I can do it to the Olympians right?"

Persephone nodded, "But before you start planning, don't you have something to say?"

Melinoë sighed and walked up to her little brother, gathering him up in her arms and giving him a hug, "Sorry, Zagreus."

She kissed the top of his head and left, disappearing into the shadows.

"Do you want to go with me to go see Dad?" In response to Persephone's question, Zagreus nodded vigorously, he loved seeing the dead souls.

They walked to the Throne room, both barefoot on the cold marble floors.

Upon arriving, eyes that resembled molten lava lit up, and gracefully standing, Hades made his way to his wife and son.

"My love," Persephone smiled and gave him a peck on the lips, "I missed you."

His lips curled up into a smile, "I will always miss you if you are not in my arms."

Zagreus had left the couple to go talk to Thanatos who stood amused as the pale boy spoke animatedly to him, his ebony hair fell in front of his stygian black eyes.

"You're so corny." Persephone's melodic laugh rang through the cold castle, lighting up the place.

"Only for you," he kissed the tip of her nose in ardour, "come, my love, I hear one of my brother's children has died, that should be interesting, hmm?"

Hades led her to the throne, placing her to sit on his lap as he himself sat on the black marble.

King and Queen of the Underworld.

They couldn't be happier in the cold, desolate land of the dead, with their two beloved children.