she's really annoying

Persephone woke up and was surprised to find herself under the warm blankets, once she realised how she probably got that way, she rolled her eyes, but couldn't stop the red blush and large grin that overtook her face.

She remained in the bed for a few hours, or rather, what felt like a few hours - time was hard to tell down there.

The goddess finally dragged herself out of the bed with a lot of reluctance about leaving the cozy sheets. Still clad in the black dress, she decided to explore some more.

The door closest to the door to enter the room opened to a lavish bathroom. Unsurprisingly, the overall theme was black with gold, along with gemstones and treasures of the earth.

Taking up half of the room was a bath, but it looked more like a jacuzzi or pool, the interior a shiny onyx. There was a black toilet bowl sticking out of the hematite wall, and beside it was a round bowl sink, a giant, circle mirror in front.

She turned away and opened the next door.

It was bigger than any walk-in wardrobe had a right to be, but it was full, for the most part. The Left half of the walk-in was packed, suits and shirts hung neatly, and as she explored, all of the drawers were full as well. On the other half of the walk-in, it was empty - all of the racks and drawers, empty and desolate.

With rather a slow realisation, it finally hit her. Persephone was in Hades' room.

Shaking her head at her slowness, she left the room, heading to the throne room.

She would apologise, for what? She wasn't sure but that just felt like the right thing to do.

---

Hades rubbed his temples, he had slept on his throne and was incredibly uncomfortable.

As he sent the souls to their places, the door banged open and a green-haired nymph sauntered in dramatically. She was hardly wearing anything but a short black dress that was impossibly tight, hardly covering her bottom and breasts. She had on a sultry smile as she approached the throne, walking past the souls of the dead.

"Minthe." Hades acknowledged as he sent another soul to the Asphodel Meadows.

"Hades, what are you doing later today?" She grinned as came to a stop.

"I'm not sure Minth, why?" So many souls that lived mediocre lives.

"I was thinking..." She began,

"That's never good," Hades smirked.

"Oh shut up you," Minthe giggled, "anyway,  I was thinking, candlelight dinner, some steaks," she stepped up to the platform, her black heels clicking, "and some wine."

"Minthe, you're a genius," Her face lit up, "Persephone would love that, except she would probably like lemonade instead of wine. But great idea!"

She scowled in disgust but Hades didn't notice, sending another to the Asphodel Meadows, but his mind was elsewhere.

"Hades, I - " Persephone walked in.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the scantily dressed nymph who stood beside Hades. The nymph smirked and looked Persephone up and down in distaste. Persephone was only comforted by the fact that Hades looked overjoyed to see her there, and was paying no mind to the nymph.

"Babe, who's this?" Minthe's sickly sweet voice reached Persephone's ears and infuriated her.

"Minth, why are you calling me babe? And you know who this is, it's Persephone." Hades looked at the river nymph oddly.

"Persephone, the goddess of spring, and you are?" Persephone smiled bitterly, making her way towards them.

"Minthe, daughter of the great Cocytus, and unlike you, flower maiden of the sun, I actually belong to the underworld, the land of the dead, and I deserve to be its queen." Minthe took a threatening step towards Persephone, walking off of the platform.

"Pray tell, why do you deserve to be its queen?" Persephone glared at the tall nymph.

"I have lived with the dead, know their cries, I know how to rule a place like this, I know more than how to grow flowers and be a stupid maiden that only sees the good of the world, and forgives all." Minthe walked right up to the goddess, staring down at her with visible hatred.

Hades merely sat on his throne watching the interaction unfold, feeling utterly useless.

It was a battle of oestrogen.

"A stupid maiden who only knows how to grow flowers, only sees the good of the world and forgives all? You don't know me at all." Persephone smirked up at the green-haired female, "Haven't you ever wondered why the Romans stopped worshipping the gods? Why before that, there was a fateful day, where millions of innocent lives were taken? Don't you ever wonder how and why that happened?" Persephone took another step and they were practically chest to chest - rather face to breasts because Persephone was so short.

Hades recalled that day, so many souls had lined up to cross the river Styx, but none had a coin to pay Charon. It was as if another major war had gone on.

Thanatos, who stood up against the wall remembered that day as well, Hermes and him had to work double-time to visit all of the places where there were souls, and what they saw was something not easily forgotten when they didn't know the cause. Thousands of temples had fallen to no proper explanation, killing innocent worshippers.

Minthe stayed silent, she had heard and seen those dead souls, who blamed themselves for angering the gods. So many lives lost to an unexplainable reason.

"I got angry, furious with my mother. She had told me that I was never going to see Hades again, ever, and I lost my temper. I was so mad at her, what right did she have in telling me that I couldn't see him, that I was to never leave the house, except for my duties? So I destroyed her crops, her home, her followers and worshippers." Minthe seemed to shrink back against Persephone's poisonous glare, "Do I regret killing all those innocent people? Yes, but don't think for a second, that I won't hesitate to destroy anything or anyone that stands in my way."

"You don't scare me." Minthe said.

Persephone clearly did scare her.

"I should," Persephone smirked.