20: A Breath of Fresh Air

Yoongi sat in bed, pouting and glaring with his arms crossed over his chest. He was now about 5 months into his pregnancy, and his stomach had already started showing the previous month. For the past month since he started showing, Jungkook's overprotectiveness took another steep turn that Yoongi was not happy with.

Before he wasn't allowed to leave the castle grounds, but now he wasn't even allowed to leave his room, basically. 

Occasionally, he would be allowed to eat a meal in the dining area if he let Jungkook carry him there. But most of the time, Jungkook made sure all of his meals were delivered to his room directly. 

After Yoongi's mood swings started, Jungkook took more breaks and days off to spend with Yoongi since he would be lonely and in result become upset. Yoongi enjoyed spending time with Jungkook, but what Jungkook didn't know, was that his attempts of making sure Yoongi wouldn't become sad weren't really working.

Yoongi felt too suffocated and restricted, and it was taking a toll on his happiness. Whenever he tried bringing it up to Jungkook, he immediately shot down Yoongi's hopes of going out. But being bed bound was completely ridiculous, and Yoongi finally had enough. 

As soon as Jungkook came through the door with sandwiches for lunch, Yoongi threw the covers off and practically leaped off of the bed. 

"We need to talk," Yoongi folded his arms, his tail swaying aggressively behind him.

"Of course," Jungkook put the plates down on the nightstand and turned back to Yoongi. "What is it, kitten?"

"You're worrying too much."

Jungkook walked over to Yoongi and grabbed his hands. "I worry because I love you. And I don't think I'm worrying too much--"

"Yes, you are," Yoongi snapped. "The farther along I am, the more overprotective you become. I'm tired of sitting in our room all day, Jungkook."

"I'm sure you're exaggerating," Jungkook tried. "I spend lots of time with you. I'm trying to keep you happy."

"Well, I'm not. And I'm tired of pretending that I am."

Jungkook's heart dropped. All he wanted was for his Yoongi to be happy. "You're not?" Jungkook's ears and tail drooped. "Are you tired of me? What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing," Yoongi leaned his head onto Jungkook's chest. "There's nothing wrong with you. I think I just need to plan a day out."

"What? Kitten, I thought we've been over this already. You can't go outside because too many things can go wrong. I'm trying to look out for your safety as well as the baby's."

"I just need some air, Jungkook!" Yoongi stepped back, letting go of his hands. "I've told you before I just want to walk around. A 30 minute walk through the woods every once in a while is all I'm asking for! We can even go together and hold hands."

"Kitten," Jungkook sighed, exasperated. "That doesn't change the fact that it's dangerous!"

"We can go with a group of guards!"

"That doesn't help the baby situation."

"Puppy," Yoongi glared. "As much as you seem to deny it, light exercise such as walking is actually good during a pregnancy and not at all harmful to a baby!"

"You don't know that," Jungkook denied. "How can you be so sure?"

"Ask the doctor! Ask literally anyone!"

"Okay, I don't appreciate you raising your voice at me," Jungkook growled. "Tone it down or I won't even consider letting you go."

"But that's just the problem," Yoongi emphasized. "You aren't considering it at all!"