35: A Walk Through the Woods

"Can we go on a walk in the woods today?" Yoongi asked, using puppy eyes.

Jungkook looked at his mate, who was now showing a little, as he was about 5 months pregnant. He wanted to say 'no' because he was feeling protective, but he knew that denying Yoongi last time just ended in disaster. And besides, how could he resist the puppy eyes?

"Fine. But we will stay on the trails, and hold hands the whole way."

"Yay!" Yoongi smiled, going into the closet to pick the proper clothes for walking around outside.

Jungkook sighed, picking up Beomgyu from his crib. He was probably going to have to ask Jin to watch him for a while, since he wanted to be able to spend all his attention on Yoongi and his safety. 

Beomgyu woke up from his nap when he was picked up and yawned, looking up at Jungkook with tired eyes. 

"Aw, baby," Jungkook cooed, bouncing Beomgyu in his arms. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

Yoongi came back out, wearing yoga pants, a sweatshirt, and a bow on his ear. "I'm ready!"

"Okay," Jungkook sighed. "Give me a second. I'm gonna go ask Jin to take Beomgyu for a bit."

"I'll wait for you by the castle gates," Yoongi called, already out the bedroom door.

Jungkook frowned. Yoongi was so eager to get out of the castle, and it's not that he minded the enthusiasm, but he would prefer it if Yoongi waited for him to come with. With a huff, Jungkook grabbed the baby bag and walked a few doors down to Jin's room, knocking.

A sleepy Jin opened the door. "What do you want?"

"I was wondering if you could watch Beomgyu for a bit. Yoongi wanted to go on a walk with me for a while."

Jin blinked. "And you can't take him with you?"

"No," Jungkook frowned. "I need to be able to focus all my attention on Yoongi to keep him safe."

"Oh my gosh, you're so overprotective. There's nothing to worry about," Jin whined, irritated. "I just wanted to sleep."

"Beomgyu was in the middle of a nap," Jungkook shrugged. "You can probably take a nap with him."

"Whatever," Jin grumbled. "Hand him over."

"I thought you loved taking care of babies," Jungkook teased, handing him the baby.

"I do, but I'm tired," Jin pouted.

"You'll be fine," Jungkook laughed. "I have to go now, though, so..."

"Just go," Jin grumbled, taking the baby bag from Jungkook. 

"Thank you," Jungkook called out as he ran down the hall.

"Yeah, yeah," Jin mumbled, closing his bedroom door and taking the baby with him.

Jungkook ran down the halls becoming excited for the walk with Yoongi, imagining them holding hands and walking together side by side as they laughed about something that was said.

He exited the castle and walked through the castle grounds, going to the castle gates, where Yoongi said to meet him. He arrived at the gates and looked around, frowning when he didn't see Yoongi right away. 

"Kitten?" Jungkook called out, looking around. Maybe Yoongi was hiding to be funny, or had gotten tired of waiting and started walking to the trail without him. 

Jungkook looked around all the trees and slowly made his way to the trail they had always used. Still not seeing Yoongi, he called out again.

"Yoongi baby? Where did you go?" Jungkook's heart rate started steadily increasing as he began to panic. "Yoongi this isn't funny!"