40: Trauma

(A/N: Sorry this is late. I took a nap and couldn't finish it yesterday. Oops? But it's a bit longer, so hopefully that's okay.)

"Do you wanna go on a walk today?"

"No."

Jungkook sighed, looking at Yoongi as he curled in on himself on their bed. Yoongi refused to leave the castle for weeks after the incident, barely leaving their room, and Jungkook was beyond worried.

"Are you sure? I've shut the kingdom gates to avoid visitors and increased the number of guards, so you don't have to worry. We can just walk around the garden like we usually do."

"Yeah," Yoongi mumbled, sitting up. "I'm sure."

"Do you want to go make some food with me? We can ask Jin to watch Beomgyu."

"No, I'm good. If you want to go make something then I'll just stay back and watch Beomgyu."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped and he nodded, leaving the room. Then he went down to the kitchen because it was getting close to passing breakfast time, and he figured he would make something.

Opening the kitchen door, Jungkook paused with wide eyes as he saw Namjoon pushing Jin up against the counter, kissing down Jin's neck while Jin held a hand over his mouth.

Jin saw Jungkook and gasped, shoving Namjoon off of him.

"I told you not to do it here," Jin whined, smacking Namjoon's arm. "Now look what happened!"

Namjoon gave a small embarrassed smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, Kook."

Jin huffed, picking up his discarded food from the counter and throwing it away, leaving the kitchen.

"Wait, baby!" Namjoon followed after Jin quickly, leaving Jungkook alone in the kitchen.

Jungkook still stood there frozen for a few seconds before he shook his head and started going around getting what he needed.

He knew exactly what food would cheer Yoongi up.

He got to work and made the food, putting some on each of two plates, one for Yoongi and one for himself.

He went back to their room and balanced both plates on one arm before opening the door. Once he was inside, he closed the door and made his way to the bed where Yoongi was sitting with Beomgyu.

"I made us some breakfast," Jungkook smiled softly.

Yoongi looked up and smiled back. "Thank you, puppy. What did you make?"

Jungkook silently handed over the plate, watching as Yoongi's eyes lit up.

"Chocolate chip pancakes!"

"I thought you would like to have some," Jungkook replied, sitting down next to Yoongi with his own plate.

"I didn't know I wanted them until I saw them," Yoongi giggled, picking up his fork and cutting his pancakes. "You know me so well."

"That's my job," Jungkook shrugged with a small smile. But he also knew Yoongi so well that he knew Yoongi still wasn't over what happened last month.

As they ate, Jungkook watched Yoongi closely to make sure he was satisfied, but Yoongi kept fidgeting.

"Can you stop that?"

"Stop what?" Jungkook blinked in confusion and surprise.

"Staring," Yoongi mumbled. "It's making me uncomfortable."