Confessions?

Shuichi's POV
Shit

God, what is he going to say if I tell him? What is he going to do? Will he laugh at me? Am I wrong for feeling this way towards him? Maybe it's all a lost cause...

Thoughts plagued my head and I just felt like crying. "Shumai? Are you doing alright?" Kokichi looked at me concerned. I could feel the blush on my face deepen...why is he so cute?

"Ah, I...um?" I didn't know how to get the words out and frankly, didn't want to see his reaction. He does have a lie detector on him...so whatever he says is going to be the damn truth. "Yes?"

"It's you! Ok?!" The tears had already made it past my burning eyes and were streaming down my face. I covered my face with my hands. I don't want him to have to see me so weak...and fragile.

"Shumai?" Kokichi's voice sounded broken. I looked up and saw him in tears...the lie detector didn't go off...so these are real tears? I was confused. Kokichi Ouma is crying because I told him that I have a crush on him. Why would he be crying? Oh, shit...did I offend him?

I felt my hands start to tremble. I feel so nervous! This is all my damn fault...good going Shuichi now Kokichi won't even be your friend anymore...you screwed up another relationship!

Things were already awkward with him and Kaede because she had feelings for him and he already had feelings for a certain small grape...so he told her he didn't feel the same way and she told him she needed some time to think about it...and after that, they didn't really talk anymore.

Then Kaito took him under his wing and he became friends with him and Maki. So, he had friends...but he was afraid of losing them because he said to much...or told them about his feelings and weirded them out or disappointed them...

"Shuichi, it's ok," Kokichi said in a genuine tone. I looked up bracing myself for rejection only to find he pulled me into a gentle embrace. The Kokichi I know is such a tease and would never do something like this? I'm not sure. I feel like I'm falling in love with him more getting to see him in ways others can't or won't.

"You don't hate me?" I hated hearing my voice get cut off by my own hiccups and whimpers. "No Shumai, I could never hate my favorite person~," He booped my nose with a sweet smile. I'm hella confused...why is he acting so different now? Is the lie detector working? Is this all a joke to tease me.

"My Shumai feels terrible...and it's all because I didn't just tell him that I love him, well I'll say it to you now! I love my beloved Shuichi Saihara!" He nuzzled his head into my neck making me gasp. He likes, no, loves me? My face heats up in a second and I could feel my cheeks burn while he was embracing me.

I pulled him up into my lap and held him close to me. He relaxed and smiled up at me. "So, you know my answer to the question now. And you feel the same," I said this to myself mostly to try and explain it to myself...but I mean knowing it's true, made my heartbeat quicken.

"Yes, of course, Shumai!" He sat up in my lap and faced me. "I do love the cute blush on your cheeks Shu~," I blushed at the nickname usage but just sighed and looked back at him.

"Kokichi why do you lie all the time?"

. . .

Kokichi's POV
He looks so nervous! It's absolutely adorable!! My cute Shuichi~, His hands were nervously fiddling with the hem of his jacket. Maybe I made him a bit to nervous this time...

"Shumai? Are you doing alright?" I asked hoping he would look at me. He gave me a small glance before looking anywhere else but me.

"Ah, I...um?" Shuichi looked so uncomfortable and it's all my fault. God, Kokichi you really need to stop doing this! You just hurt Shumai...I really need to stop doing things to get a reaction out of him...but god they are all just so damn cute!!

"Yes?" I was confused first off...because who could he have a crush on that would make him this nervous? "It's you! Ok?!" He yelled answering my question. He likes me? I felt tears coming to my eyes. Please don't cry...

Some tears slowly fell out of my eyes and I just looked over at him. I wanted to see if he was lying...but you already know he wasn't... "Shumai?" I asked feeling like I was choking on my words...I hate how broken my voice sounds...

I could see him cover his face with his hands because he was crying. I need to tell him I love him! But how the hell would I tell him...? I walked over cautiously and wrapped my arms around him. "Shuichi, it's ok," I wanted to calm him down and feeling him relax into my embrace made me feel better about all of this...

"You don't hate me?" He asked voice getting cut off by his own hiccups and sobs. "No Shumai, I could never hate my favorite person~," I raised his chin with my hand and booped his nose. I could tell he was in disbelief...and I can't blame him. Because I never act like this towards anyone...other than my beloved Shuichi of course, but I can see why he is confused and distrustful of these words. Although, I am wearing a lie detector.

He pulled me into his lap and held me close to him. I could feel a faint blush come to my cheeks but didn't let it show. Soon after I wrapped my arms around him as well. Let me tell you this tall, emo, boy is so comfortable!

I could feel my composure coming back. "My Shumai feels terrible...and it's all because I didn't just tell him that I love him, well I'll say it to you now! I love my beloved Shuichi Saihara!" I nuzzled into his neck and he gasped when I did this. He feels so warm and safe...and not to mention comfortable. Why didn't I notice this before? I would have totally hugged him more!!

"So, you know my answer to the question now. And you feel the same," Shuichi said in his matter of fact tone. It made me smile being able to see him just focus on the facts and analyze the situation. So cute~

"Yes, of course, Shumai!" I sat up in his lap to face him. "I do love the cute blush on your cheeks Shu~," I put my hands on his cheeks and loved how much he blushed when I used his nickname. You are just so cute!!

"Kokichi, why do you lie all the time?" Shuichi asked making my heart stop. Why do I lie? My face paled...god I hate being honest about these things...

-Next part! I actually got something done today!! Anyway, Thank you so much for reading!-

-ShuichiOuma010-