Night

The drive home was calm and just as it was on the way there. Kaito and Maki were both talking in the back while I just let the atmosphere of the car take over my thoughts. I was making small comments and having a conversation of my own with Shuichi as he was driving.

"So, how was that my beloved?" I asked as the road was blurring around me. There was soft pop music playing because Shuichi knows that I love listening to light pop music sometimes. It makes the whole ride feel more surreal. Like we are still in the skating rink looking into each others eyes as we let the wheels below us take us where we want to go. Being in the moment instead of worrying about the project in school or anything about school. Homework was long off my mind, not even a close thought in my mind. All that mattered was this moment. All that mattered is here and now.

"It was nice to be able to have a night where we could all just be together without any hate towards each other," I giggled a bit at the way he phrased it, but let the teasing slide while he was driving. He has small moments when he will speak in a super random and formal tone and I always tease him for it, because he is embarrassed that he does it in the first place. From what I have heard from some of his somewhat close friends that he has always kind of done this. I think he gets it from talking with his mom and his dad...because his mom seems more formal from what I have seen of her, and I assume his dad, or maybe even his friends gave him a more casual tone of voice. Which is nice~ but sometimes I love feeling like Shuichi is so formal, because honestly it makes me feel like a King!

"Yeah! It was!" I said with my signature laugh. Shuichi was focused on the road...I wanted to see his face and be able to snuggle into his chest as I usually would do when we are together or even when we are alone- but he has to drive and so he stays safe...he must focus on driving.

I sighed and put my head in my hands before looking out the window with a frown. I want cuddles from my beloved~ but sadly I'm just going to have to be here in the seat next to him while he is driving. I was mopping and it made my shoulders slump. When my shoulders slump it makes me feel so alone and tired...but I knew I should just let him drive-

"Hey, you can still hold my hand, love," Shuichi whispered, moving his left hand off the wheel to rest on the armrest in between the both of us. I blushed at this small gesture he just made...but I quickly hid it with a laugh.

"Nishishi~ Shu, you are so romantic~," I teased with a smile. I could see him look over at me through the corner of his eye. The look he gave me told me he wasn't buying it, which I don't blame him...I'm sure after being with me for the time he has been with me I'm certain mister detective has figured out that when I feel uncomfortable in any way I start cracking jokes that are usually rude or annoying. I'm actually surprised with how far he has come in figuring me out, it makes me smile honestly. He has been putting in so much effort to try to understand me better and to be able to get close to me. I can feel my thoughts all focus on him whenever I think about it. Like that feeling when all of the worries and fears of the world disappear because you are in the moment and you are feeling ok. Shuichi makes me feel ok, and I want to be able to give that to him in return.

"Well, I guess," He said with a small blush coming to his cheeks after his blushes calmed down from before. He always seems so nervous when we are around others~ it's kind of a pain, but then again, this makes it so I'm the only one who gets to see the side of him when he isn't super flustered or paranoid.

I love all of Shuichi, but sometimes I wish he would be more confident and make more of the moves. I'm ok being the one to tease him to see him blush...or even be the one to hold his hand, kiss, and hug him when we go out in public. But like now it's nice to just be in this moment where he felt confident and comfortable enough to hold my hand. I looked down at our hands with a smile.

"You are absolutely adorable~," I teased kissing each knuckle on the back of his hand. I felt him jump a bit from this but he soon relaxed and smiled.

"I'm glad you think so Kichi, but I know you are 10 times more adorable than I could ever be~," He said in a half teasing tone. I blushed at this and let our hands rest against my cheek. His hand was against my skin while my hand was holding onto his so my fingers gently held his hand against my cheek. It was a nice feeling because his hands were kind of cold and my face was hot from skating...and blushing. So, it was nice to cool off a bit.

"Of course my Shumai~!" I exclaimed before we pulled up to where Maki and Kaito were going to get out. Their dorms were a little ways away from our own. Maki and Kaito slowly got out of the car and with a smile Kaito gave Shuichi a wave before leaving with Maki.

Shuichi soon drove us both back to our own dorm room. The drive was just full of silent words and promises lost to the night of wanting to do that again. After we pulled into our parking spot we both made our way to our shared room.

"Ah! It's nice to be back," I smiled putting my skates into the closet before collapsing on my bed. Shuichi sighed and made his way into the room putting his jacket, keys, and phone away before he got changed. He just put on his pajamas and it reminded me that I should go and put my own pajamas on...but I was so tired~

Without saying anything Shuichi brought me my pajamas, making me smirk. Maybe he read my mind~ Nishishi~ who knows? I thought to myself before changing into my pajamas without another word.

-I'm going to try to take a sleeping pill to hopefully help me sleep better...because today wasn't the best because I got shitty sleep and sleep deprivation made it easier for school to kick my ass...so that was an experience! I got another video on my channel for the oneshot 'i killed him..' so if you would like to check it out on my storytime channel there is a link to my channel in the description of my account! Anyway, thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-