Songs and Movies (Akiva Schaffer)

Akiva was in his office with Andy and Jorma, his best friends, writing another digital short, as they always did.

"Guys, what about we take a break?" said Andy, "I really want to go eat something"

"Yeah, me too. I'm starving!"

"But we still haven't finished!" said Kiv, as the anxiety took over.

"I know, dude, but I can't think on an empty stomach"

"And we can still finish it later, right?" said Jorm.

"Go eat then, I'll stay and try to think of something"

"Kiv, don't think too hard about it. Trust me, a break will help"

"We'll think about it later. Together and with a pizza in our stomach!"

"I can't, sorry guys"

"Kiv..."

"Go and have lunch, I'll wait for you here. I'm not hungry anyway"

"Sure?"

"Sure"

Andy sighed "Ok... but if you get hungry, don't come complaining to me" he said, leaving the room with Jorma.

"Don't worry, I won't" he laughed.

He was now alone.
__

Akiva kept looking at his laptop, but nothing came to his mind. Sighing, he stood up from the old office couch, and decided to go for a walk.

He closed the office door behind him, and slid his hands in his pockets, starting to walk towards the elevator.

As he was about to enter, he heard something.

A song.

Not from a stereo or a laptop, but from someone near. Someone was singing, softly. It was almost inaudible, but it was there, he was sure of it.

He followed that gentle sound, intrigued by the beautiful voice he heard, as it became more clear in his head.

He could almost understand the words.

I will not kiss you
'Cause the hardest part of this
Is leaving you

Akiva couldn't belive his ears, as he found were this angelic voice came from.
__

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, as she came back to reality.   Y/n looked at her watch. It had been only ten minutes, since Kate had left.    It couldn't be her, she usually stayed on break for about thirty minutes, why would have she gotten back so soon?

She got up from the couch, and opened the door.

In front of her, stood a tall, thin man, with short light-brown hair and glasses on his face. She knew she had seen him around already, but she couldn't  remember his name. As she looked at him, she couldn't stop thinking about how cute he was.

"Hi..."

"Hi... something wrong?" she asked, trying to understand why he had come, since no one had ever really came to talk to her "Kate is out now, but she should be back in about-

"Oh, no, I'm not looking for her" he smiled, shyly.

"...How can I help you, then?"

"I... sorry, nevermind"

He started to walk away, but something about him made her want him to stay, to get to know him more.