Asleep (Andy Samberg)

"Hey man!" Seth exclaimed, walking into his office "What are you still doing here?"

"What do you mean?" Andy lifted his head, confused.

Then he looked at his watch, and understood why he was saying that.

"Oh..."

"You should really go home, man. It's late, y/n must be waiting for you"

"Nah, I don't think so. She knows I always stay late, she surely is asleep already" he smiled, as he thought about her.

God, he missed her so much...

"Well, you should anyway. I mean, I don't think you wanna pass out during the table read, tomorrow" he chuckled.

"You're right... well, what about you? Are you going?"

"Yeah, I just have to finish something and I'm out"

"Oh, ok then" he smiled "See you tomorrow!"

"See ya!" Seth smiled as well, leaving the room.

As he was alone again, he sighed.
He hadn't realized how tired he actually was, before talking to him.

He got up from his chair, quickly stretching his back, and put all his stuff back into his backpack.

He looked around one last time, making sure he wasn't forgetting anything, and turned off the light, ready to go.
__

He sighed of relief, closing his flat's door behind him.

The day was finally over, he could get some rest before doing it all over again, now. At least for the two/three-ish hours he had left before sunrise.

Maybe even four, if he was lucky enough.

He shook his head.
Thinking about how little sleep he was gonna get would've only made him sleep less.

"Just go to bed" he thought to himself.

He left his backpack on the floor beside him and kicked his shoes off, yawning.

He walked towards his room, and as he opened the door a soft smile spread on his face, like jam on a slice of bread.

He saw his girlfriend lying asleep in their shared bed, peacefully dreaming about whatever was on her mind.

"Knew it" he thought to himself, with a smirk.

He slowly closed the door, making as little noise as possible, as he was trying not to wake her up.

Then he unzipped his hoodie, throwing it over the chair that stood in the corner, beside the wardrobe, and took off his shirt and jeans, changing to more comfortable clothes.

He sighed, sitting down at his end of the bed, and finally lied down under the covers, ready to fall into the arms of sleep.

Or... well, of his mattress, actually.

He turned to his side, smiling.
Y/n was facing him, her eyes still closed.

He apparently did a good job at being quiet, 'cause she still didn't seem to have left the dream world.

He softly looked at her for a while, thinking.

Seeing her in front of him always made him feel butterflies in his stomach, just like the first time.

Suddently, all the good memories he had of her came back to his mind.

The first time they talked, the first time she smiled to him, their first date, their first kiss...

It was like every memory he had of her was a good memory.

Was she even real?

He chuckled.
"Of course she is" he thought to himself.

She's as real as anyone could ever be.
And she was right there, in front of him.

He felt so lucky to be alive.
So lucky to be with her...

He softly moved his hand closer, resting it on her cheek and gently caressing it with her thumb.

He couldn't believe how beautiful she was. It just was too much for him to take in.

Then he realized something.
Something that in two years of life spent together he had never stopped to think about.

"...I love you" he whispered softly, smiling.

He knew she couldn't hear him, but he had to say it.

He had been keeping it inside for a long time, even tho he didn't know it, and he couldn't anymore. He had to let it out.

Then he sighed.

"I'll find the courage to tell you, someday..." he said, moving a lock of hair away from her face and behind her ear.

"Just give me a little more time..."

He put his forehead against hers, and closed his eyes, finally falling asleep.

And as he did, a smile spread on y/n's face.

A/N :/
Hey guys! Thx for reading!
Sorry, it's been a while... I wasn't feeling very inspired :/
Anyway, this is a bit shorter than usual, but I hope it's good :)
Let me know if you liked it!

Peace out, homies :3
- Franx