40

*Fourth Flashback*

Yoongi let a sigh escape his mouth as he squeezed Jungkook's hand tightly.

"My client was acting in self defence, against his friends and himself" his lawyer stopped before handing photos to the judge.

"We have physically evidence that Jeon Jungkook was being tortured and abused by his own father" The judge looked at the photos of the bruises, scratches, burns and scars that he had hidden from his friends. Everyone gasped at the dark closet with ropes and tape all eyes looked up to Jungkook's who was seconds away from sobbing.

-
"Min Yoongi, was his father attacking you in any way" the defendant asked crossing his arms

"No." Yoongi spoke truthfully, he felt Jungkook squeezing his hand in reassurance.

"So how was that self defence?" Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows before clenching his jaw.

"Because he was attacking my friend i was trying to protect him." Yoongi spoke his tears piling into his eyes.

"But that's not self defence?" Yoongi shook his head lightly before biting his lip.

"Did you expect my friend who was being attacked to do anything?" The defendant scoffed pointing at Yoongi.

"It was none of your business was it Min Yoongi, you could have done so many different things. You just wanted to murder his father. For what he had done to your friend, so you saw the opportunity and took it pushing that man to his death!" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows before speaking up.

"He was protecting me, he was like my brother it was his business, he didn't purposely do it!" the judge hushed Jungkook before asking the defendant to continue.

"Was it Min Yoongi?" Yoongi nodded before grabbing Jungkook hand tighter.

"I believe it was self defence, and I believe it was my buisness. He's like my little brother. I will never let anyone hurt him ever. I will always defend Jeon Jungkook, and if that's the only defence you have you might as well move on because my response will always be I will protect him.  I wasn't gonna watch him die" the defendant nodded backing away from the two.

"That is all for now your honour" he spoke before walking back to his assigned seat.
-

After hours of tears, and weeks of fighting they we're ready for the hearing, what was gonna happen to his bestfriend? Jungkook was in complete and utter panic as they walked back into the court room hand in hand.

Yoongi held him tightly
"Don't worry Jungkook whatever happens you won't lose me"

They sat down in the chairs waiting for the court to amend.

Hoseok and Namjoon entered the court with their parents following close behind them. Jungkook walked up taking a seat next to his other friends.

The jury piled in before handing an envelope to the police officer, he walked up to the judge bowing before handing over the verdict.

Yoongi starting shaking in fear as he watched the man open the envelope and read the statement

"I hear by declare, on behalf of the jury that Min Yoongi is not guilty of murder in the 2nd degree and all other charges" the judge spoke slamming his mallet down. Jungkook let out sob racing over to Yoongi's arms.

Hoseok let out a breath before heading up behind Namjoon and Jungkook to hug the shaking male.

"It's okay Yoongi your fine" Hoseok spoke pushing his hair out of his eyes. Jungkook smiled looking up into Yoongi's eyes

"You saved me" he spoke grabbing his collar to hug him tightly.

"I will always save you.."

*End of flashback*