Chapter 14: The Second Month

Eric took a deep breath and entered to the house, he had insisted me to come so I came inside with him. Vega’s house was huge, it was in the same street with Daniel and Charlotte. Two blondes were sitting on the sofa. One of them was a man who had identical eyes with Eric, I assumed he was Eric’s father. The other one was a beautiful woman, she was probably Lucy’s mother. Jackson Vega smiled when he saw Eric, he came to hug Eric but Eric stepped away and glared at him. I should have known that Eric wouldn’t open up to him easily.

“Hello, son. It’s nice to see you in here” his father said, showing him a weak smile.

“Don’t call me son, you lost that claim years ago.” Eric said with a cold voice. If I don’t step up soon, this won’t end well. I took Eric’s hand in mine and gave his hand a little squeeze. He smiled down at me, I looked at him with pleading eyes, he nodded and took a shaky breath.

“I guess you have a lot to tell.” Eric said trying to be politer, I smiled. This was my Eric.

“Yeah, I guess.” Mr.Vega said.

**********************************************************************************

Yes, thats all. Just like Lucy said” Mr Vega said.

“So you didn’t contact with me just because my mother said?” Eric said in a sarcastic tone.

“Yes, unlike your mother I dont like breaking up families” Mr. Vega said.

“Well, you didn’t do well on that job due to the fact that the family is already broken up” Eric said. He had a murderous look on his face.

“Look, I am sorry but you will be better in here. I promise” Mr. Vega said. From the way Eric looked at him, I could understand that he really wanted to believe him but it wasn’t very easy to trust someone. Especially, if that someone was your father that left you years ago.

“I know that I am late but I will be the dad you need, Eiríkr.” He said smiling.

“H-how do you know that name. No one knows it except my mom.” Eric said with wide eyes.

“I gave you that name. When I was a teenager, I was a Norse Mythology fan. It means warrior, in old norse. You are my warrior, my only son and I care about you Eric. Give me a chance.” Mr. Vega said.

“Okay.” whispered Eric.

********************************************************************************

1 Month later...

“Well what are you going to do?” Tessa said with an excited voice.

“Why do I need to do something?” I said with a tired voice.

“Because it is your second month with Eric!” she said.

“Yeah but isn’t it stupid to celebrate it every month?” I said. I wished that I hadn’t.

“Are you crazy! Monthly anniversals are very important! They are one of the things that keeps the relationships alive.” Tessa said.

“Our relationship is alive enough, no thank you.” I said. I couldn’t help but smile. Over the month, our bond with Eric became stronger. The only problem was that, I never said I love you to him. I had only said it to Alice when Eric broke up with me out of sadness but I never said it since then. I knew that I had to say it soon because it was really upsetting Eric.

“Did you even say I love you to him, yet?” Tessa asked. I swear that girl freaking reads my mind.

“No” I muttered. Tessa scoffed.

“Amelia! You know that is like kind of leading him on.” Tessa said.

“I am not leading him on, I am not just ready.” I said.

“You better be ready tonight because I heard that Eric has big plans for you two tonight.” God! Did Eric cared for these anniversaries too? I mean I am a sucker for romantic things but I just think that people don’t need a specific day of month for it.

**********************************************************************************

Eric’s POV

“I can’t believe that you did all these stuff for her” Jason scoffed.

“I love her and tonight needs to be special.” I defended.

“Well, we already know that you love her. The big question is, does she love you?” Jason asked.

“We will learn it today.” I said. I felt a little bit nervous but I knew that I had no reason for it. I was sure that Amelia loved me back, at least I hoped so. It is hard to read girls signals. Ever since I started tol ive with my dads’ Lucy would give me advices for my relationship but I still didn’t understand anything about girls. I sighed and decided to get help from her. Time for a talk with my little sis.

                                                                                    ***

“Hey! Little Sis!” I called. Lucy whipped her head around to look at me then she glared at me.

“Eric, I told you like freaking million times to not call me that! And I am not even that much little, we only have like half year between us.”

“9 months” I replied back.

“Whatever, what do you want?” she asked.

“Aww, why do you always think that I would want something from you? I just wanted some sibling time.” I said.

“Yeah,right. What’s up with Amelia, again?” she said. I blushed, God this was really embarassing. Eric Steel does not blush!

“Well, today is our anniversary and-

“No, duh Sherlock.”

“Can you please let me continue!”

“Haha, sorry. Continue my dear brotha” she said faking a British Accent.

“Well as I was saying today is our one month anniversary and I did plan something speacial but I just-

“You just what?”

“Well, she didn’t said I love you back yet. I want to ask her about it tonight. Do you think that I should?”

“I think she loves you, you two are really cute together” she said.

“Thanks,little sis”. I said then ran off.

“I told you to not call me that!” She shouted from the other said of the corridor. I laughed as I walked down the halls. I was ready for tonight.

*********************************************************************************

Hey guys! Thank you for reading. Make sure to VOTE, COMMENT& FAN! Picture at the side is Mr and Mrs Vega. I just thought that Ewan Mcgregor and Scarlett Johansson would be the perfect ones!

MelisZrhlolu