Chapter:- 17

Zayan's POV:

I noticed her. My wife. She is silent from the time we left her house. Did something happen there? Well, I'll ask her tonight. Insha Allah. She was hugging me as if her life depends on me. But silent Anum is something weird right. I mean from the time she came, she is the one among both of us who was talking and now she is silent. I want her to talk but I also don't wanna disturb her who is thinking about something very deeply.

I was riding when I saw an ice cream parlour. I remember I promised my kiddies that I'll buy icecream for them but it's been a week and I haven't bought them till now. I bought a whole family pack of different flavours because there are different flavour lovers in our family. Then again the ride to the house went in silent. I stopped the car at the gate and Qadir Uncle opened the door. I greeted him and took bike inside. I stopped the bike at its place and looked at her who didn't notice that we have reached.

"Anum." I called turning to her taking her hand in my hold which was on my chest. She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes filled with Kohl which took my breath away.

"We have reached." I said to her in confusion. She looked around and got down from bike. I got down and looked at her who was walking slowly. I hold her hand in mine and we walked towards the door. She looked at our hands and smiled. And that's where I took a sigh of relief. Finally she smiled. I smiled back at her who was now looking at me. I pressed the bell and the door was opened by Ayaan Bhai with little Bushra in his arms and behind him was his wife. He smiled looking at us and let us in. I greeted him and Appi and gave her the ice cream pack to keep it in freezer.

"Mamu." The little devil whined. I smiled at her and took her in my arms tickling in her tummy getting a set of giggling from her which bring peace to anyone's mind.

"Bhai." Here comes the younger clans. They hugged me and I saw all the ladies hugging Anum. She had removed her Abaya by now and was sitting on the floor where a mat was laid.

"Thank you Bhai." I heard Affan saying in my ear making me smile.

"Is it alright to say thank you to your siblings?" I asked him narrowing my eyes at him and he just smiled.

"Now you will take time out for that and will go to play on the pitch. Okay?" I said to him who nodded smiling big.

"I promise Bhai." He said excitedly and I chuckled.

"Where are Dad and Papa?" I asked clans about them as I could not find them.

"They went to see Mr.Mehra who came from the hospital last night. His operation was successful." Ali said smiling big.

"Really? That's good. Alhamdulillah. I'll go and meet him after Maghrib." I said.

Mr.Akhil Mehra is an old man lives here with his wife; Mrs.Ankita Mehra, a son who is a Child Doctor; Dr.Arun Mehra, his Daughter in law who is a teacher; Mrs.Tania Mehra and a grandson; Atharva, four years old boy. He is really an amazing person. He helped me alot when I bought this house three years back. When clans came here they used to play with him at first. I mean cricket and all and that's how they got close. But a year ago we found out that he is a patient of kidney failure and he was admitted in hospital two weeks before. From then he was in hospital. Because of my hectic schedule, I couldn't get time to meet him.

"We'll come with you Bhai." The three of them said and I came out of my own thoughts.

"Where are you all planning to go?" Ammi asked us sitting beside me and I kept my head on her shoulder closing my eyes. Peace. This what I feel in her embrace.

"Planning to meet Mr.Mehra after Maghrib." Ali said sitting on the other side of her and placed his head on her shoulder. I looked at her who was lost in looking at me.