Chapter Twenty Five

Toph watched as her students practiced their drills, she wasn't exactly in the mood to train them so she just decided to let them run their drills until each technique was conditioned into their brains. Her parents were still giving her a bad time but this time her mother was easing up a bit but her father was another problem. He went on about how Sen was a bad fiance and decided not to stay with her until their wedding date.

Technically, Toph agreed with her dad on that. Which is a huge shocker by the way, you would never find her agreeing with her father. Poppy was more understanding in saying that Sen had responsibilities as a member of the royal family. Toph didn't care about the fact of Sen leaving but she cared about the fact of Zuko taking him, she blamed Zuko for that.

"Sifu Toph, can we stop?". One of the students asked.

"Unless one of your arms snap like twigs from using them for so long, forget it!". She exclaimed,"You wimps got a long way to go before becoming masters at bending metal".

There was a chorus of groans before they all resumed their drills.

"Miss Beifong?". A voice said to her to right.

She recognized the voice as one of the servants that worked at her house.

"What is it?". Toph asked with a sigh.

"Mr Beifong wanted me to let you know that he wants a word with you". The servant said.

"Tell him I'll be home by sunset". The blind earthbender said,"I need to whip these wimps into shape first".

Then she got to her feet and headed for her students.

              ...............................................

Sen was reading through the doctor's notebook that night in the loungeroom, he paced up and down as he read the notebook while eating a juicy peach. The palace was quiet which meant everyone was asleep except for him, it was late but he didn't care. As he read it became clear to him that Zhu's medical treatment was experimental and Azula was his guinea pig, it made his blood boil with rage.

Not even Azula deserved that kind of treatment.

Subject Blueflame, Day 18

Patient is highly hostile when triggered with different stimuli, e.g water. Ignores complete use of reasoning.

Sen stopped pacing and flipped through more pages until another part drew his attention.

Subject Blueflame, Year 2

Patient is being given a sedative chemical that spikes blood pressure and increases mental breakdown. Makes subject delusional and appear mentally unstable but in reality they are not.

"So, that's how he did it". He said,"No wonder she wasn't recovering. He was messing with her head. She really isn't crazy, she just had a nervous breakdown".

"Who had a nervous breakdown?". A voice asked behind him.

The young Airbender turned and saw the Fire lady in her sleeping robes, Sen had to resist the urge to look down past her neckline. It was really revealing.

"Oh, hi Mai". He greeted casually before flipping through the pages again.

"Why aren't you asleep?". She asked crossing her arms under her bust.

"Just trying to catch up on some reading before I bust Azula out of that mental asylum of horrors". Sen said.

Mai was lost,"What?".

He decided to hand her the notebook instead of explaining everything to her. He waited patiently as he watched her read a few times before flipping through more pages.