Twenty

I woke up and sighed in content. After my nap yesterday Halo and I had a quick dinner and then I headed right back off to bed. 

I glanced over at the clock on the side table and saw it read 8:00 am. I've been sleeping since yesterday afternoon and am finally feeling refreshed. 

I hopped out of bed, quickly changing my clothes and smiling at the beautiful weather outside. Everything is going to get better. I can still feel the constant aching in my stomach and chest from my mate rejecting me but I know with Halo's help I can move on one day and start a nice new life here.

Maybe I can try to find out more about who I am. Maybe I have a family somewhere. Maybe, once I reject King officially I can get a second chance mate... 

"It has to get better. I mean, how much worse can it get?" I mumbled to myself before trying to find my way back down to the kitchen or living room. Maybe I can make Halo breakfast as a thank you and start crunching the numbers and figure out a way to repay him for all of his kindness. 

Rolling up the giant sweatpants I had on a little, trying to keep them from falling down I made my way out of the room. 

I have got to find some sort of clothing store around here. Speaking of, I need a job... 

But what can I do? I'm not exactly a skilled dressmaker and I doubt being able to set up mental hospital rooms would be helpful in a world without mental hospitals... 

Maybe Halo can help me figure it out. 

I continued down the hallway but nothing looked familiar. 

I remember the stairs being around here somewhere... 

I turned down a random hall when I heard Halo's voice. He must be on the phone. 

I decided to walk up to the door and wait outside until he was finished. I don't want to barge in and interrupt him after I took up all his time yesterday, I'm sure its important. 

I rested my back, still sore from riding a dragon for hours on end, against the pristine white walls. I wonder if he has a cleaning lady or something... 

Suddenly I heard Halo speak up and I instantly felt my heart rate jump through the roof. 

"Ya, I have her, she's here. Ice did her job perfectly." 

What?

"Okay, I'll see you soon. What's the plan now?" 

He paused and I prayed he was somehow taking about someone else. 

"Again? I don't know... Maybe we shouldn't admit her to the hospital with an eating disorder next time." 

 WHAT?!?!?

Everything inside me came to a halt and I could hear my blood pumping throughout my entire body. 

"I know it will take longer but we have to be patient... Okay, see you soon... Ya she knows. she's standing outside right now." 

Halo then threw the door open, smiling down at me and tilting his head. 

"Shouldn't have snooped little fae, we could have had a nice breakfast together before it was time for you to leave. Now, I have a feeling I'll be tying you up and knocking you out instead."

As soon as I regained control over my body and all his words set in I dashed for the door. Halo started laughing behind me. "Every time." I heard him mumble to himself. 

I leapt out of the window, to land on my feet and take off towards the fields. 

"ICE!" I called in my mind, but I knew she wouldn't come.