Chapter Fourteen

February 2221 

I was glad that the next day was temperate, because the pregnancy hormones were certainly making it difficult for my body to regulate my temperature. 

Nathan soon came to join me and smiled, as we stood outside in the garden behind the palace. 

I just looked out at the many red and purple flowers starting to bloom, before looking towards Nathan, who I observed looking as though there was something on his mind. 

"Are you okay, Nathan?" I asked him then. 

"I wanted to give you something, Trixie," he replied. 

I turned to him, expectant, and he took a little black box out of his pocket, handing it to me. 

I opened it up to see a ring, with a sapphire embellished into it, and then met his gaze with a look of surprise. 

"Now, don't worry, it's not an engagement ring," he chuckled nervously, "This was my grandmother's ring," he explained. 

I just looked towards him with an expression of surprise. 

"Nathan, it's beautiful but I don't know whether I can accept this," I replied, about to hand it back to him, but he refused, placing it back in my hand, and then grabbing a hold of my other hand, to place that one on top of it. 

"I insist," he said, and I looked up to see he had a gentle smile upon his face. 

"You're not just doing this to win favour?" I asked. 

"I can take the ring back, you know," he joked. 

"No, that won't be necessary, prince. It's wonderful. Thank you," I replied appreciatively. 

A tall boyish-looking gentleman soon paced towards us from across the green. 

"Hello, Camelot!" Nathan called out to him. 

Camelot smiled. 

"Lovely to meet you, Trixie," he said. 

So, it was safe to say that word about who I was was getting around the castle. 

"You too, Camelot," I replied. 

"Please, call me Cam," he smiled. 

A gentle breeze passed by us then, but I still felt a little warm. 

It was undeniable that Camelot was a stunning man, and that made me feel a little lost for words. 

"It's lovely to meet you, Cam," I corrected, and he grinned in response. 

Nathan looked between the two of us with a thoughtful expression upon his face, then, but he didn't say a word. 

He simply ran a hand through his slightly disheveled blonde waves, then, before speaking again. 

"So, Camelot, you have a big training day tomorrow?" he asked him, then. 

"Indeed I do, your highness," Camelot replied. 

"Good luck," he said. 

Camelot was currently training along with the other royal knights. They wanted to be as prepared as they could if there was an invasion from the North. We were currently in conversations with Madame Vivienne and her family in an attempt to stop this from happening, but still, although for the most part the air was happy between us, there was still an edge of fear to the air that couldn't be denied. 

Camelot smiled towards Nathan and nodded. 

"I shall see you later, sir," he said, "And you, my lady," Camelot said, reaching out to plant a quick kiss on my hand before wandering away.