Chapter Thirty-Three

September 2221 

So, I had thought that Madame Vivienne's return was going to be our biggest issue, but then she disappeared for a whole week on end. Vanished. And no, fortunately, her statement about the the Northern rebels approaching wasn't correct. 

"We're going to find her, Trixie. I swear," the King said, "Actually, I don't swear. Technically I'm not supposed to do that, as King," he joked. 

I just gave a small shake of my head in amusement. 

Okay, so I knew that Vivienne's return was bad, but I was relieved that Natalia, and the rest of my family and friends were all okay. 

"We found her!" a guard called out, then, and I felt my heart accelerate as Camelot began to head down the hall with Vivienne, whose hands were bound. 

"Damn you, Trixie. Your stupid guard friend here completely disregarded my plans!" she said. 

"Your little plans aim to hurt everyone who gets in your way, Vivienne," I reminded her then, "You're just evil. You want everyone to bow to your way. You want a world of no freedom. I will not allow you to do that to me or my family, or the people of this country, ever," I stated then. 

The King looked towards me for a moment, with an expression of admiration. 

"Let me go!" Vivienne exclaimed, "I won't do anything bad ever again!" 

I wasn't entirely convinced she had truly gotten started, aside from injuring poor Amelie, of course. 

"Take her to the tower, boys," Diane ordered, then, as she came to join us. 

Vivienne screamed, but Camelot and a few other guards wandered away with her, then. 

She looked towards me, with a compassionate expression.

"Are you doing okay, Trixie?" she asked me, as she took my hands in hers. 

"I'm okay, Diane. Just a little shaken up that she's finally back, is all. However, I am also relieved, too," I replied. 

"Indeed," Diane replied, with an expression of understanding, "She won't hurt you, my dear." 

There was something in Diane's voice that always led me to believe her. 

Vivienne was going to be taken away. 

The security in the tower prison was much stronger than the security in the regular prison. 

She wouldn't have an easy time of getting out this time around. 

At least, that much could be hoped. 

"What do you want to do now, Trixie?" Diane inquired. 

"I want to see her," I said decisively. 

I wanted to have a conversation with Vivienne. A real conversation. I thought it was about time that I did so. 

"I would like to speak with her, too," Diane agreed, and the two of us led off towards the main tower prison, then, where we found Vivienne in her cell, moping about aimlessly. 

She soon turned to me, though, and frowned. 

"Vivienne, I just want to talk," I stated. 

"Yeah, right. What do you want, child? Have you come to ridicule me?" she asked. 

"I want to know why you wanted to do it? Why did you want to harm Natalia? Why are you trying to get the Northern rebels to fight and hurt us?" I asked.