Chapter Twenty-Seven

June 2221 

The evening rolled around quickly, and Lacey assisted me in getting ready for the party that my mother had decided to host. 

There was a perk to having a party at my house, though. 

Currently, the paparazzi had no idea where I lived. 

It would stay that way, just so long as Nathan and Jack continued to make their visits in cars with black-tinted windows. 

"You look beautiful, Trixie," Chelsea grinned, then, as she stepped inside my room. 

Lacey had finished helping me curl my hair, and now it was just time to finish off my makeup. 

"Thank you, Chels," I replied. 

Time was going quickly, but I was grateful for that fact that it wouldn't be long before I could see Nathan again. 

Chelsea helped me to apply some lip-gloss, and then smiled in satisfaction when her work was done. 

"Perfect," she said decisively. 

"I mean, I don't know, Chelsea. I really don't know if anyone can look-" 

Chelsea simply held up a mirror in front of me, then. 

"Oh wow, I really do look perfect," I said, and couldn't help but grin back at my reflection. 

Chelsea just shrugged. 

"It takes the work of a genius to do this," she smirked. 

Lacey and Chelsea headed out of my room, and Piper soon came to join me. 

"Hello," she said with a smile. 

So, recent update on my sister's hair: it was currently chocolate brown with blue highlights, and she wanted everyone to notice that it was, too. 

"Hey Pipes," I said, hugging her back as she wrapped her arms around me for a moment. 

"You look gorgeous," she said. 

"Says you!" I exclaimed. 

She just grinned. 

"So, are you excited?" she asked then. 

I just looked at her, for a minute. 

"For?" I asked. 

"Nathan to arrive, silly," she said, playfully hitting my forearm. 

I just let my eyes glance towards her hand for a moment, as I looked back up to make eye contact again. 

"Oh, right, yeah! Of course, I am," I said. 

Piper smirked. 

"'Cause you like him," she said. 

"Please, Piper, I wouldn't say I-" 

"You like him, Trix. Don't even try to deny it right now," she said. 

I mean, she wasn't wrong, but it was complicated. 

Nathan and I had both decided recently that we weren't going to force anything just because of the baby, and then...

Well, that was around the time I had caught feelings. 

There was soon a knock at the door, and Chelsea simply headed into my room to gasp. 

"He's here!" she exclaimed. 

I felt my eyes widen as I quickly headed downstairs with her to watch her open the door. 

Once she was done, however, I realised that unfortunately it wasn't Nathan standing there.