Chapter 7 - Lightning

It was fairly early out so it was quite cold. The crisp morning air tickled my skin as I made my way into the Hokage's office. A few villagers were setting up shop and getting ready for the day, Konoha was peaceful in the mornings.

I sped up my pace when the large red building came into view. Winding my way through the curved corridors I had finally made it. I knocked on the large doors that led to the Hokage's office and knocked twice. A faint 'come in' heard from the other side.

I slowly opened the creaky doors and slipped into his office. His face held a small smile as he beckoned me to come closer. I walked towards him and he handed me my ANBU gear.

"You can pick your mask up at the ANBU building, congratulations Y/N. I expect big things from you," the Hokage sleepily said, quickly returning to his paperwork. I muttered a quiet thanks and made my way to the ANBU building.

I saw Itachi waiting for me outside. He was in a team of three, including himself, and now he was in a four man squad because of me. Normally, squads would be in teams of four, but it's a hinderance in the ANBU. Due to this, his group would probably be split into two teams of two, Itachi and I as team 1 and his other subordinates as team 2.

Today I probably wouldn't go out on a mission because it was my first day. It was most likely that I would be toured around the facility, taught the rules and regulations, meet my teammates, and train. Obviously ,the possibility of me going on a mission was still there, it was just not very likely.

I walked up to Itachi and he smiled at me,

"Welcome to the ANBU, Y/N." He led me into the large, lifeless building. The corridors were desolate, yet peaceful.

He walked me to a small room filled with people, they were all either changing into or out of their ANBU gear. Itachi cleared his throat and gathered everyone's attention.

"Everyone, this is the newest addition to this division of the ANBU, Y/N Uchiha. Please treat her with respect,"

"It's nice to meet you all, I hope we are able to work well together in the future," I addressed the room. Itachi then walked me over to a small locker with my name on it. He told me to quickly get changed and meet him outside.

I did as I was told, I had gotten changed and now I was on my way to meet my team. I still hadn't received a mask, which I found strange.

"Y/N, this is my team, Kira and Ren. You will have a code name as well, Ao. We need to get you your mask," Itachi said while putting his mask on.

"We have a small scouting mission today, I would prefer for you to not come. However, it's up to you," He spoke while running towards a smaller building.

"I'll go with you, I believe I need the experience. Plus it's probably better if I start with a smaller mission," I pointed out, running after him. The two others were behind us.

Once we had arrived at the building, Itachi and I walked in. Ren and Kira waited outside.

The walls were decorated with intricate looking masks in a rainbow of colours. It was quite a contrast to the rest of the ANBU buildings.

One of the masks in particular caught me eye, it was white with navy blue and light blue markings. The mask reminded me of a cat.

I walked over to the mask and picked it off the wall, I noticed there was someone else in the building with us. He walked over to me.

"Is that the mask you want?" He asked, politely. He was an old man, his face littered with wrinkles, but he seemed kind.

"Yes please," I replied

"This is one of my favourite masks, I made it to resemble the Raijuu," he started.

"The Raijuu is the thunder beast right? If I'm not wrong, it comes from yokai folklore," The old man looked at me with soft eyes.

"You're exactly right, you're quite knowledgable for your age," he chuckled a bit.

"The Raijuu used to be seen as divine beasts, similar to the Raijin. The thunder gods. The Raijuu were said to be fast, merciless and deadly." He paused for a second.

"They live in the sky, staying away from humans. They descend to earth when thunder strikes, they come down in lightning bolts and cause mass destruction. People used to see it as punishment from the gods." He took a deep breath.

"Sorry, I rambled a bit," He chuckled.

"It's quite alright, I found the topic interesting. So please may I use this mask," The man gave me a nod of approval and I took the mask.

I padded outside, now wearing my mask, while we were inside Itachi said we would have a while before the mission so we could do some basic training while we waited to go on the mission.

I left Kira and Ren to train with each other while I went to the library, I wanted to see if the fourth Hokage's flying raijin jutsu was there. Just to my luck it was.

I began researching and I can see why only two people have been able to use this jutsu before, first I had to figure out how the seal worked. Then I had to come up with a new seal and formula that fit me and my chakra.

It'd been about two hours and I had managed to figure the majority of it out, I just had to come up with my own seal.

Around half an hour later I had started to make my seal, then Itachi came and told me it was time for the mission. Much to my dismay, I left with him to go and scout the perimeters of Konoha.

Apparently there had been reports of Shinobi from an unknown village seen at the barriers of Konoha. Our team split in two, Itachi and I and team A, Kira and Ren as team B.

Once Itachi and I had reached the Northern border of Konoha I sensed four chakra signatures. They seemed to be of ANBU level, I warned Itachi and we proceeded with caution.

One of the enemies jumped down from a tree in front of us and started to form the hand signs for a jutsu, I acted fast and kicked their hands. I jumped into the tree they were hiding in before and got behind them, I threw a senbon to the back of their neck and they were knocked out. I sensed the other three chakra signatures behind me, slowly moving closer.

Itachi had gotten behind them and knocked them out too. We tied them up and brought them to the T&I division, they were going to have fun with Ibiki. When we got there we saw Kira and Ren with two enemies tied up.

We went back to the ANBU building after completing the mission, I went back to the library and continued working on my seal. By the around 9pm I had figured out the first character in my seal, quickly after that I found the rest. My seal was quite short, but it read as 'infinite spirit' or 無限精神. Itachi walked into the library and told me to walk home with him, I agreed and we walked home together in a comfortable silence.

"Itachi, can I practice a new jutsu with you tomorrow?" I questioned as we entered the Uchiha compound.

"Sure, what jutsu?" He inquired.

"The flying raijin, I've got my formula I just need to test if it works." He had a faint look of surprise on his face.

"I don't know why I'm surprised, I should expect you to be achieving such things at this point. You're more of a prodigy than I am, Y/N," He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"I still have a long way to go before I can get as good as you, Itachi," I smiled and we walked into the house together.

A/N - pppft sorry if this chapter was bad, but I'm glad I got it out. Please tell me if there are any spelling or grammar errors, I'll gladly fix them

See ya next time,
Author <3

Word count : 1425

//UPDATED//