Chapter 11 - Nostalgia

A/N - Holy hell tysm for 900 reads (wtf that's so many) it means so much that i know you guys are enjoying my story!

The legendary Sannin had arrived.

I acted quickly and teleported to Itachi and Kisame. The Sannin's booming laughter filled the barren halls.

"You think a pitiful distraction like that will work on me! The great Jiraiya!" He stood proud on top of the warrior toad.

He performed a jutsu and trapped us inside the stomach of a giant toad, the toad mouth trap jutsu.

Itachi was about to use Amaterasu to get us out, but I motioned for him to wait.

"Jiraiya, I assume you know why we're here." He nodded his head.

"Itachi and I will meet Naruto and Sasuke in the future, try not to let them die." With that, Itachi burnt a hole in the toad's stomach and I teleported us as close to the base as possible.

Without any warning, an older version of Sasuke appeared in front of me. We were in a pitch black room, I couldn't see anything but his blood red eyes.

"Time to die, Y/N." Sasuke said as he pushed a katana onto my throat.

Sasuke's eyes disappeared and flashes of red and black filled my vision.

I sat up from my bed in a hot sweat, panting. I tried to catch my breath as I pushed the wet strands of hair away from my face.

I threw one of my hands back and grabbed my glass of water from my bedside table. My throat was screeching in pain. I gulped down the water as fast as possible.

I hadn't had a nightmare that bad in years. Maybe it was because it was coming close to Sasuke and I's birthdays, maybe because of the stress of going to see my brother for the first time in years.

It had been around three years since I last ran into Sasuke. He was now a rogue ninja, currently training under Orochimaru.

Today was the day where Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato go to Orochimaru's base to try and 'rescue' Sasuke.

I planned to pay a surprise visit to them, Itachi wanted to come too. However, his disease was worsening, so I really didn't want him to come.

Luckily, he understood and agreed to stay behind. He knew I was stronger than him now. Kazuhiro and I had grown closer in recent years, my strength seemed to improve the more our relationship progressed.

We discovered that Kazuhiro could use transformation jutsus, so Kazuhiro generally comes with me on missions in human form.

He has long flowing black hair with navy blue streaks running down it. He was a little taller than I was, and he had a skinnier build. He was pale and his eyes matched the navy blue streaks in his hair.

Unfortunately, his overwhelming personality didn't change. His eccentric and whiny behaviour didn't fit his godly beauty.

Never judge a book by its cover, right?

Nonetheless, I go on missions with Kazuhiro now, and Itachi goes with Kisame. Kazuhiro isn't an official member in the Akatsuki, but Lord Pain still allows him to stay and assist me on missions.

"You alright lady," Kazuhiro walked into my room holding some documents.

"I told you to stop calling me that, Kazu-chan~" I teased, his face turned red in frustration.

"Geez no need to go all 'Kazu-chan~~' on me, you know how much it grosses me out." He shivered in disgust.

"Your impression of me is horrible, Kazuhiro." He rolled his eyes and slumped down on my chair.