Chapter 10 - Sasuke

It had been around five years since Itachi and I left the village. Throughout the time I'd spent in the Akatsuki I'd completed various, gruesome, missions. Itachi and I teamed up with Kisame a while back, I'd often go on solo missions while the other two went out in a pair. However, sometimes we'd go in a group of three.

I'd trained with Kazuhiro the majority of the time and I gained the ability to freely control my lightning. Though, I didn't get the time to learn sage mode, which was unfortunate.

Itachi had just gotten back from a week-long mission near Konoha. He was sat at the seat by my desk.

"Pain has another mission for us," Itachi started.

"Is it all three of us?" I questioned, interrupting him.

"Yeah, he wants us to get the nine tails. The only problem is, he's guarded by one of the legendary sannin, Jiraiya. It'll be hard to get the him," He had a pained expression on his face.

"What's the name of the nine-tails kid?" Itachi's expression darkened.

"Uzumaki Naruto, he's a member of team 7 under the jounin leader Kakashi. Sasuke is also in team 7," A gloomy expression was glued to his face.

"Pain says that we don't need to capture the nine-tails today, as long as we come back alive it doesn't matter. We just need Konoha to know that we're after Naruto," I reminisced to my time I spent with Naruto, we weren't together a lot of the time, but he was one of my favourite people.

"When do we go?" I looked up at the ceiling

"In around an hour, it'll take us around half an hour to get to Konoha." He stood up and walked over to my door.

"Start getting ready, and bring Kazuhiro." With that he left.

I got my weapons ready and put on a clean cloak. I sharpened a few of my kunai while I was waiting for Itachi to tell me it was time to go.

Instead of Itachi, I got a large, blue, shark man knocking on my door.

"Y/N, it's time to go," Kisame spoke from behind my door.

I grabbed my things and summoned Kazuhiro. I would often summon him when I went on missions.

He strutted out of a grey puff of smoke. I chuckled at his eccentric behaviour and opened my door.

I nodded to Kisame, my face devoid of any emotions. Kazuhiro, Kisame and I walked out of the base to find Itachi waiting for us outside.

"We don't have much time, we should hurry," Itachi started.

"I can teleport us to a tree outside of Konoha if you want, it's about a mile away from the main enterance. Or I could teleport us into the dango shop," I looked at Itachi, he seemed to question what we should do.

"We need to make Kakashi know we're there, let's go to the dango shop." I put my hands on Kisame and Itachi's backs. I teleported us into the dango shop, we were quiet enough as to not alert the customers or owners of the shop. Kazuhiro soon teleported behind me.

I walked up to the counter and ordered four sets of dango, two for Itachi and two for me. Itachi and I discovered that Kisame wasn't very fond of dango.

When I walked back to the table, dango in hand, I saw Itachi's eyes light up for a split second. It reminded me of when Sasuke used to reprimand us for eating too much dango, or how mother would tell us to widen our diets.

I missed them.

I set the dango on the table, Itachi quickly taking one of the sticks into his mouth. I carefully ate at mine while Kisame watched in disgust.