1. A message

Percy was sitting at the table of cabin 3 at the dining pavilion. There was a full plate with untouched food in front of him. Demigods all around him were talking and laughing.

But Percy didn't notice much of it. He had trouble staying awake. His eyes kept lingering down.
He heard a man talking in a weird language Percy could vaguely understand. Just like in the dreams that have been keeping him up at night.

"Perce?"

Percy's eyes shot open and he got on his feet. He held up riptide and got ready for battle.

"Percy, relax. Just me." The blonde, grey eyed girl said calmly.

Some other demigods shot them concerned looks. They knew how tired Percy was and nightmares kept him awake at night. They never mentioned anything to him about it.

"Annabeth.. sorry, what's up?" Percy asked putting riptide back in his pocket.

"You were falling asleep and mumbling weird words.." She said while sitting down next to Percy.

"Sorry, it's just... I am really tired." Percy sighed.

"Still having nightmares?"

Percy nodded. "But it's not just the usual. Lately I've been having dreams about strange things I don't understand.." Percy told her trying to remember the dreams.

"What do you mean?" Annabeth asked a bit confused.

Percy took a deep breath. He really didn't want to talk about it. "Its about a weird looking man. I don't know.. it's weird.." Percy said.

"What about going to Chiron? Maybe he knows more about it?" Annabeth suggested.

"No.." Percy had been dragging to. He had a strange feeling about this whole situation. He just wanted to be left alone. No more quests, no more weird and dangerous things and monsters wanting to kill him.

"You should go to him, maybe he knows what it is supposed to mean." She says trying to help him.

"You're right.. I'll go see him tomorrow." Percy prommised reluctantly.

"Good." She said with a satisfied smile. "By the way, you are comming with me to the picnic Piper has arranged right ?"

"Yeah of course wise girl." Percy said happy to change the subject. "Should we bring something?"

"Hmm, maybe we could-" Annabeth was just about to answer when someone started screaming.

People stopped talking, others stood up ready to come in action.

Percy froze for a second. He immediately knew who it was. He snapped out of it and stood up and pulled out riptide. His heart was beating way too fast and he was breathing hard. He looked around frantically.

The woman screamed again.
"Mom?" He yelled. "Mom! Were are you!?"

Demigods looked at him confused. But Percy didn't notice nor care. His mom was in trouble. He knew it.

Then the campfire started to take shapes.
Shapes of his mother. She was crying and screaming.

"Mom! Mom! Where are you?" Percy yelled running to the fire in the middle of the pavilion.

"Sweety, Don't-" There was a bright flash behind her and Sally screamed again. The sound comming out of her mouth was the most horrific scream Percy had ever heard. And it was his mother.

Annabeth put her hand in front of her mouth.
Percy balled his fists and looked at the fire like he was about to explode from anger.

"They're after you.. don't come." Sally said crying softly. Clearly in severe pain.

"I will see you soon.." A woman said laughing behind her. The fire died and everyone glanced at Percy who is still looking at the dying fire.

Annabeth had never seen him this mad and he looked... terrifying. Even the campers looked uncomfortable and avoided his eyes.
If she didn't know better she'd back up. Instead she reached out.

"Percy.." Annabeth whispered to Percy but he didn't seem to hear her. Suddenly the waves of the lake sounded louder then usual. Like it felt Percy's anger.
Others seemed to notice the change in the lake as well.

Percy brought his fingers to his mouth and whistled a high and urgent tone that hurt everyone's ears. He looked like he was capable of murder.

"Percy, please wait. We need to make a plan. We have to know who we are up against." Annabeth tried.
But Percy started walking. She looked at their friends for help. They were already rushing over.

"Percy! They are after you, they could kill you." Frank said standing in Percy's way. Trying to stop him from going alone.

" I don't care!" Percy snapped. Frank flinched a bit. Percy noticed and took a deep breath. "My mom is being tortured. I can't wait until we have a plan." Percy said still walking.

"At least let us come with you!" Jason tried.

The sound of hooves came rushing. Blackjack came to Percy. "What's wrong Boss?" He asked still running.

"No time to explain. We need to go. Now!" Percy told him and mounted a still running Blackjack and flew off.

He left his friends and all the others behind without another word. He needed to get to his mother as fast as possible.

Within a couple minutes flying in the freezing air they arrived. Percy quickly jumped off and rushed inside the building. Percy's heart dropped when he saw that the front door was blown to pieces.

"Mom!" Percy yelled panicked. "Mom, where are you!" He uncapped Riptide and rushed inside.

There was a high pitched laugh comming from the living room. Percy looked around and slowely walked to the source of the sound.

"Mom?" Percy asked again.

He looks around. Things were broken and shattered.  Then when he entered the living room he saw two dark figures. A woman with a weird dress and wild curly hair. And a smaller woman laying on the ground. His mom..
"Run.." She whispers looking up.

"Get away from her !" Percy said with a warning voice. He held up riptide. Is she a demigod? An intruder? A monster?

Percy slowly got closer to his mom. "Who are you?" He asked the woman.

She took a couple steps forwards. Percy could see her pale face, wide crazy eyes and rotten teeth.

"Such a hansome boy.. He even looks a bit like the Lord too." The woman whispered in amazement. "I this he shall be pleased when I take you to him." She said with a wicked grinn.
She looked at the sword and seemed a bit confused.

"I don't know who you are or what's going on. But you will regret hurting her." Percy said still furious. He walked towards the woman with Riptide raised.
She laughed and pulled out a wooden stick..?

Percy was confused but didn't care.
He raised Riptide and when he brought it down he was thrown against the wall. Like he was hit with a invisible fist.

It felt like all the air was being knocked out of his lungs. His head hurt and riptide was somewhere on the ground and out of his reach.

Percy looked at the woman. How did she do that?
The woman laughs and raised the stick again.

Percy remembered the watch he had gotten from Tyson. He opened it and the flash comming out of the stick collided against his shield.