8. Time to buy a stick

"Wait. What was the name again?" Percy asked for the third time this morning.

"Diagon ally." Hermione repeated slowly.

"Allright. So I need to buy a stick.." Percy said while looking at the list.

"A wand. Yes. I suggest you do that at Ollivanders. He has the best wands." Hermione suggested.

"And is a school uniform really necessary? I mean robes?" Percy asked looking at us pleadingly.

"Yes." Hermione said very serious.

"Okay fine.." percy sighed. "What else?" He asks looking down at his letter. "There are so many things on this list! I am dyslexic. I hate reading English." Percy said throwing up his hands in the air.
How is he ever going to survive an entire year of reading books. His brain hurted already.

"Is there another language you can read?" Ron asked.

Percy looked up from the table. "Yeah.. Greek. Especially accient Greek. " Percy said ignoring our looks. "It just makes more sence to me."

"There is a spell you can say if you want to change the language." Hermione said. Percy perked up. "But. You need to be 17 before you can do magic outside school."

"But I am almost 18.." Percy said to them.

"But you don't have a wand and never used magic before. It would not be a smart idea.."

"Maybe the Fred and George can do it ?" Percy suggested.

The three looked at him and laughed.
"I don't think that you want that either." Hermione said smiling.

An hour later they were on their way to the Diagon ally. Percy decided to ask Molly to make his letter in accient Greek. So now Percy could just ask where he could find it and viola. Piece of cake.

Wrong!

The diagon ally was chaos.
There were people everywhere. But they all seemed to know where to go. So it was a structured chaos. If that's even a thing.

This morning he had woken up to a pouch of weird looking coins in it. There was a little card that said.
'Here is a little gift. Use it to buy your school equipment tomorrow. I will visit you once you are at Hogwarts and explain some things. - Hectate. '
Percy had smiled and asked the others to explain the money and what he needed.

So right now he was paying his books. Sponsored by his auntie Hectate.

Next up were robes. Percy joined Ginny. She was needing new ones. So there was this lady who took his sizes and made the robes.

After hours of searching and spending money Percy was told to go buy an owl.

Now that may seem like an easy job... But it wasn't.
Owls never liked Percy. And they never will.
It's an old thing between Athena and his father Poseidon. So when Percy stepped into the shop, the owls just wanted to attack him.

Percy found a grey owl that didn't seem to hate him as much as the others. So he bought the owl and rushed out of there.

He looked at him and decided to name him Hermes. After the god of messages. Percy smiled. He was so going to tell the god he named his owl after him.

Percy had only one thing left on his list.
The others convinced him to make it the last item.
So as the others waited outside for him with his stuff. Percy walked into a old looking shop.

There was a elder man who was going through a lot of boxes. The bell rang above Percy's head.
The man looked up and smiled.

"Ah, welcome to Ollivanders. Welcome. What can I do for you?" He seemed to take Percy in. "I don't think I have ever sold you a wand. Did I?" He asked.

"No sir. I am new. I've never owned a wand.." Percy said a little nervous. He heard that getting a wand was quite the experience.

"Ah.. I see. Let's see which wand will choose you then." The man turned around and searched. He handed Percy a wand. Percy held it awkwardly.
"Well. Give it a swing."

"Nope. Nope. Nope." He took the wand out of Percy's hand before he even swung it.

"Maybe this one." He said handing another one.
Percy looked at the man and swung the stick.
There was a entire shelf wiped clean of boxes.
"Definitely not." Ollivander said.

He turned around to search for another wand. But before he made a decision, he looked back at Percy.
Then took a box on top of the shelf. Somewhere far from reach. He opened it and it revealed a light collor wood. It was carved with beautiful marks.

"Ahh, you like this one?" He asked noticing Percy's reaction. "This is blackthorn wood, 13,5 inch, it has a dragon heartstring core. It's quite flexible." Ollivander told him.

Percy gave it a slight swing and the boxes get back to where he had knocked them off. The room filled with the scent of the ocean.

"That's the one. Special like it's owner." Ollivander winked. Percy smiled. He paid for the wand and went outside. They all got excited about the wand.

"Percy dear? Do you need anything else?" Molly asked .

Percy looked down at his list.
"No, I think I have everything." He smiled at her.

"Great.. let's go back." Molly said smiling.

Percy looked around. He had a wreird uncomfortable feeling.

"You okay?" Ron asked.

"Yeah.. I.. never mind.. just had a weird feeling." Percy said still looking around. Ron and Harry looked at each other and then around them.

"Hurry up children. Let's go." Molly urged them.

They cathed up with the others. But Percy still felt like somthing was watching them...