10. Sorting

Percy followed the professor into the building.
He was put with what Percy guessed were the first years. They looked at him confused.

He noticed a young girl stare at him and he winked. She blushed and turned her head. Percy was a little confused and hoped he didn't insult her.

Professor McGonagall gave them a speech about the houses and sorting hat. Which Percy was already aware of.

She opened the doors and said. "Follow me."
Percy was the last one to enter a big hall. It was amazing.

Candles floated in the air. The roof reflected the night sky. There were four tables and four banners. The four houses Percy presumed.
He was getting confused looks but Percy didn't notice nor did he care. Percy also didn't notice how most girls and boys looked at him with gaping faces.
He almost looked unreal. They whispered and giggled as he passed some students.

But he was oblivious to all of it, taking everything in. The beauty and magic. The small details.
He saw Dumbledore sitting at a table with the other teachers. Percy smiled and Dumbledore winked at him.

The first years gathered together and professor McGonagall started to call the names of the first years. "Amelia Redheart." She called.

A girl stepped forwards and sat down on the chair.
After a couple seconds the hat opened it's.. mouth?

"RAVENCLAW!" He called out. The table with the blue banner cheered and the girl smiled and walked over.

This went on with different kids, all sorted into different houses. Then it was Percy's turn.

"Perseus.. sorry.. Percy Jackson" Professor McGonagall called. Percy smiled gratefully when she called him Percy.

It was awfully quiet in the room with a couple whispers. Percy ignored it and sat down on the litte chair.

The hat was put on Percy's head and there was a voice in his mind.

'Ahh... mmm.. it has been a very long time since I had one like you to sort." The hat said.
"Bravery, definitely. Loyalty, well definitely loyal. Smart... sure. Ambitious, also yes." The hat mumbled.

"Everything alright?" Professor McGonagall asks.

I shrug.
"He is one of the most difficult ones I've had in a very long time." The hat called out loud.
"But I think. Since you did everything out of loyalty... Yet.. not everyone would do these things if it wasn't for your bravery. Hmm... I believe you would fit best in.. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat calls out.

Percy smiled as the table with the red banner cheered. Percy walked over and sat down next to Ron and Ginny. He got a lot of weird looks for not sitting with the rest of the first years.

The remaining kids got sorted.
Dumbledore gave a speech about the forest outside the school. How it was even more dangerous than ever to go out there.

Then there was this woman clothed in all pink, she was interrupting Dumbledore. She talked about the ministry. And Percy zoned out. But he didn't like her. He had a weird and bad feeling about her.

When she finished Dumbledore said his last points and finished the speech with a smile.
"Now. Let the feast begin!" He clapped in his hands. Food appeared in front of us.

Percy smiled and grabbed pancakes and looked around. Then he realized he couldn't offer to the gods here. He glanced at Dumbledore. Who was looking at Percy.

With a small smile a little flame that nobody noticed appeared on Percy's plate. Percy smiled and looked at Dumbledore with gratitude. He placed some food in the fire and prayed to Hectate and his father.

The fire went out and the kid across from him looked at him. Percy just winked and began his meal.

Percy talked to the other Gryffindors during dinner. When dinner was over we were told to follow the prefects. They led us through the castle to our common room. Which was behind a painting of a lady.

Percy was looking around. It had a lot of red in it and it felt warm and relaxing.

He was about to ask someone where he would sleep when Ron called him. Percy turned around and saw Ron and Harry waiting for him.

"Percy, you comming ? All your stuff is already there." Harry said. Percy smiled and nodded.

There was one other guy already unpacking his bags.
The guy had dark hair and big teeth looked up and waived and greeted him shyly.

"Hey Neville!" Ron greeted the boy. "This is Percy."

Percy smiled and looked around. He found his bed with this bags. He started unpacking.

A couple minutes later the door opened and two other boys walked in. They introduced themselves as Seamus and Dean. They seemed cool.

There seemed to be a tension between the guys here.. they didn't speak to each other. The other boys shot Harry looks from time to time.

But Percy was tired and decided to ask about it later and change into pj's. When he took of his shirt he heard some mumbling.

Percy turned around to see what was going on.
But they all looked at Percy with wide and concerned eyes. Percy remembered that they weren't used to the scars and he quickly covered up.

"Sorry, didn't realize." Percy says.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked unsure about what to say. Harry and Ron hadn't seen the scars yet. They knew about his arms. But not that his entire body was covered with scars.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. I was in an car accident a couple years ago. I'm fine." Percy tried to reassure them. They slowly nodded and went back to unpacking.

They all changed into their pjs and went to bed. Percy was tired and needed the rest.
He drifted off in a.. unexpected dream.