22. The voice

The three wizards looked at Percy with mixed emotions.

"You are right. I have been avoiding it but you need to know.. especially when Voldemort has been working with the monsters." Percy admitted.

"I really want to ask the questions that I have.. but I think we should do if after dinner." Hermione suggested. "Or else Umbridge will be suspicious. And she already has a eye out for you two." She said looking at Percy and Harry.

Percy nodded. "There is something about that woman that doesn't sit right with me. Everytime she gets close I get this same feeling, the same feeling I have when I get close to monsters."

Harry and Ron looked at each other.
"Nobody likes her. Except for most slytherins." Hermione said bitterly.

"Come let's go." Percy said.

Together they walked to the big hall.
They didn't say a word.

Percy was thinking about what he had just experienced.
It was true. He was scared of himself. Of what would happen when he lost control.
And seeing their faces and hearing their voices again. It was way harder then he could've imagined.
But he meant what he said. He was glad he was the one leading the quests and the wars. He didn't want anyone else having to carry that burden.

Harry looked troubled. Lost in thoughts. His hand rubbed the scar on his forehead.
Percy worried about him.
Harry also had often been the one who had gone through bad things and he seemed to be the one people looked at for guidance and approval.

He and Harry weren't so different.

"You okay Harry?" Ron asked. Also worried about his best friend.

"Yeah. Just my scar. It has been buring for the last 10 minutes." Harry says.

They entered the big hall and sat down with Ginny and the others. Percy kept an eye on Harry. They talked amongst themselves but Percy and Harry were both quiet during their meals.

Padma Patil and another Gryffindor were sitting not far from Percy. They were talking that professor Trelawney was acting strange the entire day.

Percy had heard things about the professor of Divination class. They all say she is a fraud or crazy.

Percy barely ate anything. He was thinking about Hectate who still hadn't answered Percy's prayers.

Then suddenly Percy felt someone standing behind him. People looked at Percy and the person standing behind him in confusion.

Percy's hand went in his pocket to reach for riptide.
But Ron stopped him. He shook his head.

Percy turned around very carefully.
Professor Trelawney was standing behind him. Her eyes fixed on his eyes.
She was breathing hard. She didn't act like herself. There was something about her eyes. Like it was filled with fog in the irises.

"Are you okay professor?" Percy asked while standing up. "Can I help you?" Percy asked after the professor didn't react.

"He recovered the Skies lightning bolt.
He healed a tree with pure gold.
He held up the sky with his mortal hands.
He destroyed the maze within ancient lands.
He was the savior of them all.
But he could not resist the queens call.
Thus he traveled to the Romans place.
His memories had all been crushed, erased.
He proved his bravery yet again.
With new companions by his side and a pen,
The Romans eagle he retrieved,
From the cold lands and he left,
A mark which can not be seen.
But of giants the land was clean.
He found his past after a while,
A girl's name he kept in file.
The seven mortal gods were to be,
The greatest they had ever seen.
This boy remained courageous still.
A place no one could fill.
His name will forever be told.
In stories of death and gold.

Everyone looked at Percy.
Percy's heart beated like crazy.

The professor took a weird breath and she passed out. Percy caught her just in time for her not to hit her head on the stone ground.

Percy looked at the knocked out professor. How did she know all this?
Percy glanced at Dumbledore who was talking to professor McGonnagal. Then at Harry and the others.

"Harry, what was she talking about." Ginny asked.
Her voice sounded so loud in the too quiet hall.

Percy didn't respond as he stood and he took a deep breath. He shook his head.
"I have no idea." He said. Then he just walked out. He didn't want to be here any longer.

He walked to the doors of the hall and reached for the door. He was almost gone.

"Perseus Jackson." A voice called. It was cold and without any form of emotion.
Percy looked around. It sounded almost like.. it was in his head and in the air at the same time. It seemed like everyone heard it as well.

Harry stood straight up. His eyes looked at Percy with confusion. Percy looked at Dumbledore who was now looking straight at Percy.

"Perseus. You have tried your best keeping them safe.. But are you really that arrogant to think you could keep it that way? Facing all of them all alone." Silence. There was a evil tone to the way he said it. Like he was baiting him. "I have heard great stories about you. And I have to admid that I have grown curious. You have 20 minutes to prepare. I hope you are ready son." A chill went down his spine when he called Percy son.

His voice was gone. Percy didn't need someone to tell him this was Voldemort.