17. Gathering

Percy, Ron and Harry waited for Hermione to come and pick them up. The boys were dressed in their normal clothes. Classes were done for today and they would be leaving for a nearby town.

Hermione came walking around the corner dressed in het brown coat with her Gryffindor scarf.
"Ready?" She asked. The boys nodded and followed her outside.

They walked in silence, anxious and curious about what Hermione had planned.

Harry wanted to turn back while they still could. Saying that nobody in their right mind would want to learn from him.

Eventually they arrived at a small and old looking bar.
Percy and Ron looked at each other as Hermione walked inside. Ron pushed Harry inside and followed.

They were met with about 20 kids from school.
All different houses. But not one slytherin funny enough.

Hermione gestured for Harry to come and sit with her in the front of the group.
Ron and Percy laid back a bit. But still close to their friends.

Percy looked around and saw a couple familiar faces.
The Weasley family, Luna Lovegood, a girl from Ravenclaw that always looked at Harry. And some others he didn't know from different years and houses.

Harry seemed nervous and like he really didn't want to be there.

Hermione stood up and all the eyes were on her.
She seemed a bit nervous but pushed it away.
"Uh.. hi... thank you for comming. You all know why we are here. We need a teacher. Someone with experience."

"Why?" A Ravenclaw boy asked.

"Why?" Ron said agitated. "Because you know who is back, you tosspot."

"Where is the proof?" Someone else asked.

"If Potter could tell us more about that night. How Cedric died.." Another one said.

Harry stood up and wanted to leave. Muttering to Hermione.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Luna asked. Percy smiled. He had always liked her.

"It's true. I have seen it." Hermione said.
Some people whispered.

"And.. And he killed a basilisk." Nevile said.

"He fought about a hundred dementors in his third year." Ron said proudly.

"And last year he really did fight you know who in the flesh.." Hermione says.

Harry clearly a bit uncomfortable with everyone listing up the things he had done and interrupted them.

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that. But the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing most of the time. And I always had help-"

"He is just being modest." Hermione says.

"No Hermione I'm not. Look, out there it's not like in school. When you make a mistake you can't try again tomorrow. When you are a second away of being murdered. Or watching a friend die in front of your eyes... you don't know what that's like." Harry says sitting down.

But he was wrong.
Percy knew exactly what it was like. He couldn't hold back the flashbacks... he zoned out. He got lost in memory.

"You are right Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we ever want to stand a chance to beat... Voldemort.." Hermione said.

There was a heavy silence.
"So he is really back?" A young boy asked.

Harry looked up and nodded.
Percy looked around and saw the people slowly realizing the truth. Not much later they were signing their names on a parchment.

When everyone left Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Percy and Ron stayed and went over the names and details.

Percy felt like he couldn't concentrate when they went over all the names and what they wanted to learn and teach.

"Percy?" Ron asked.

Percy looked up. "Huh? Sorry I zoned out for a minute." He said.

"The first lesson will be next week. On a Thursday. You alright with that?" Ron asked again.

"Oh yeah that's fine." Percy said. "So training once a week?" Percy asked.

"For now. Perhaps two times if things are going well." Hermione said before Harry even got the chance.

Percy nodded and smiled. "Sounds great."

Percy couldn't help but feeling a bit down and sad.
He was happy he would finally learn how to use magic. But still..

There was something that made him feel like it would not make a difference. An entire army of monsters was comming. And magic doesn't work on them.

So why would he even bother..?

He pushed the thought away.
It's important. Learning to defend yourself against magic. Even though it won't defeat the monsters.
You never know when you might need it.