19. Chihuahua is big now

Percy had no time to make a pit stop at his dorm. Which meant he didn't have any extra nectar or weapons except for the dagger he always carried around and his pen.

He just hoped he could end it as soon as possible and without anything else happening.

As he ran outside he heard some people talk about a strage dog. Percy immediately thought about the hellhounds. He hoped they hadn't attacked anyone.

There was a large group of students gathered outside at the edge of the forest near Hagrids cabbin.
Percy made his way to the front.

"Hey Percy, did you hear it too?" Nevile asked.
Percy got ripped out of his focus and looked at the boy.

"I did.." He answered. "Everyone to the castle! Everyone inside." Percy said loudly. "Let's move!"
There were some protests.

"Why should we listen to you?" A kid from Ravenclaw asked. Percy looked over.

"Because I told him to." Professor Snape came to the rescue. He shot me a look. I nodded in a thank you. "You heard mr. Jackson. Everyone back to the castle." He said. Everyone started to make their way back.

Nevile looked at Percy. "Harry, Ron and Hermione are in the woods. Harry wanted to see what it was.."

Percy just stared at Nevile. "If they survive, I'm going to kill Harry." Percy said with a straight face.

He looked back to the group. He told nevile not to worry and to go back with the others. Before he could say anything Percy sprinted into the woods.

He had his hand on his pen. He was scared for his friends. But he was also pissed off with how recless Harry was acting.

After a couple minutes Percy heard someone squeal.
He knew immediately who it was.

Ron.

Percy ran to the sound of their voices.
"Harry, we need to go back before something bad happens!" Hermione said.

"Hermione, we need to find it. Maybe then Hagrid can continue his classes.." Harry argued.

Percy mentally facepalmed. Of course Harry would do this for Hagrid. He just had no idea how dangerous it was and he could get himself and his friends killed.

"But Harry.." Ron tried to say something but got cut off by something growling. The three of them turned their heads.

Percy ran towards their voices. Then he saw the three wizards. They were looking at something, a chihuahua. The chihuahua Percy remembered from when he was twelve bared its teeth.

Percy needed to hurry.
"Get back!" Percy yelled.

"Percy?" Harry asked looking up confused.

"A.. chihuahua? What is it doing in here?" Hermione wondered out loud.

"Get back!" Percy yelled again.
The chihuahua bared it's teeth and started to act weird. A laugh from a woman was heard.

They started to realize that the situation was more serious than they thought.
They had their wands in their hands.

Percy reached them and got his pen out of his pocket.
"What were you thinking!" Percy asked agitated.

"We just-" But Harry was cut off by a laugh again.

"Oh Perseus, how you have grown!" The woman said. Percy couldn't determine where it was comming from.
"I have heard so much about you. The great Percy Jackson. Too bad I can't kill you. At least. Not yet." She laughed again. "You remember Sonny, right?"

"Echidna. Lovely to hear from you again.. But perhaps we could reschedule?" Percy suggested.

"You know this woman?" Hermione asked.

"We met once when I was twelve. Not a big fan." Percy told her. "Especially her... dog"

"Sonny, please teach him to show some manners to me." The Echidna said.

"Sonny? The chihuahua?" Ron smiled nervously.
The dog started growling and suddenly it wasn't a little dog anymore.

"Yes Ron, the chihuahua." Percy said. "Let me handle it. If I die or tell you to run. Run. Go straight to Dumbledore. Talk to nobody else." Percy told the three.

"What? Percy this is madness." Hermione said sounding upset. "You can't fight it alone! We will help you."

"No! Magic doesn't work. You will only get hurt or worse." Percy told them as the chihuahua was almost done turning into the Chimera.

"What do you mean magic doesn't work.. and what is that!" Harry yelled agitated over the sound of the chimera.

"Guys! Just trust me! Let me handle it!" Percy yelled back taking his pen out of his pocket.

"Percy! A pen? What are you-" Hermione yelled stressed out.

Percy uncapped his pen and a big golden sword appeared. The golden glow lit up Percy's face in the dark forest. He looked at his friends. "Please. I don't want you guys to get hurt. Let me handle it."

They just silently nodded and stepped back.
They noticed something change in Percy. Like there was a side of him who lived for battle. His calm sea green eyes turned calculating and with deathly calm.

The chimera had the head and body of a lion, as well as the head of a goat that was attached to its back, and a tail that ended on a head of a snake. It was ugly!

Percy took a deep breath and gripped riptide with both hands. He did a quick prayer to the gods.

The chimaera launched towards Percy with incredible speed. He jumped aside just in time.
"I can't wait till we handed you over. Then we can go to camp and kill everyone there. Then we will finally be free." Echidna laughed.

Percy was too focussed on her that he didn't see the chimaera swiping his tail at him. He gets thrown a couple feet away. Percy landed with his back against a tree.

Percy could hear Hermione and Ron call his name.
He looked up. He saw more people with Ron and Harry. Hermione was talking to them.
He realized it were the teachers. And Dumbledore.

Percy got up grunting. He took a breath and charged.
He ducked and dodged every attack.

He was getting tired and his muscles burned.
He sidestepped his tail again and brought down Riptide and cut his tail clean off.
It was nasty..

He turned around in rage and roared. He lashed out with his claws and he hit Percy in his arm. It made a deep cut. Percy let out a scream and looked up.

Percy advanced and stuk Riptide into the ground and pushed it up. Sand and dirt came up straight into its eyes. He Chimera roared and Percy took the opportunity and slid under the body of the Chimera.

He pushed riptide up into his stomach.
It yelled and twisted. Percy got up and threw a dagger. It landed in the lions head.

Percy advanced again and while the Chimera was falling he slashed it's goat head clean off.
Percy was out of breath but heard a last roar of the chimaera's lion head and it turned into dust.

Percy smiled and fell onto his knees.

"No!" He heard Echidna scream. "You will pay for this Jackson! I will see you soon. And then you'll see everything you love die." Echidna yelled.

"Sure. Get in line Echidna." Percy laughed with the last strength he could gather.

"Percy!" Hermione said.
Ron, Harry and Hermione came running up to him. Followed by the teachers.

"Bloody hell mate! Where did you learn to fight like this?" Ron asked.

"Ron! He can answer your questions later. He needs help." Harry said.

"He is right. But I think the lake would do." Dumbledore said.

"I'm fine.." Percy tried to stand but his legs almost gave out. Luckily Ron and Harry catched him. His arm was hurting and bleeding badly.
"Okay.. never mind. The lake is fine."