5. Goodbyes

Percy's grip didn't loosen, his eyes still looked the man in front of him in the eyes. But the eyes of the man were focused at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore took his wand and something happened. The man's eyes lingered shut and he fell limp in Percy's arms. Percy didn't put much effort into catching him.

Dumbledore went inside the cabin and Percy followed. "What did they do to her ?" Percy asked putting a hand on Annabeth's cheek.

"A freezing spell. Don't worry." Dumbledore said after looking at her. He moved his wrist slightly and Annabeth unfroze like a movie being put off pauze.

Percy pulled her into a tight hug.
"Percy? Where did you come from?" She asked.

"I will explain later. Just glad you are okay."

Dumbledore asked Percy to tell him what had happened. Percy didn't even bother asking if he knew about him being a demigod.

Percy told them everything that happened. When he told him about the painful spell Dumbledore got a worried look on his face.

"That is a horrible and incredibly painful spell, some people go mad because of it.. are you sure you are allright?" He asked concerned. Percy nodded. He wasn't fine. But they didn't need to worry about it.

"I will take care of them." Dumbledore continued. "You need to rest. Tonight has been a very long and weird day. And you'll need your energy tomorrow." Dumbledore added before leaving the cabin.

"Thank you." Percy told him before he walked out. He looked back and smiled. "Uh, sir. How did you know?"
Curiousity won.

Dumbledore smiled. "I knew from the moment I looked in your eyes. Now of you don't mind.. I am going to see an old friend of mine." Percy nodded and smiled. "In the hous I assume?" He asked.
Nico nodded.

"Are you sure you are okay Percy ?" Frank asks.

Percy looks at him and forces a smile.
"I'm fine big guy. Just tired." He tried to convince his friends. "It just has been a very weird evening."

"Okay.. we'll see you tomorrow morning then." Jason said getting the hint. "You'll need your sleep."

Percy shot him a grateful look.
They all wished each other goodnight and left the cabin. Which left Annabeth and Percy alone in his cabin.

Percy closed the door and before he could turn around he was pulled into a hug from his Wise girl.
"I am going to miss you Seaweed brain." She softly cried on his chest.

Percy couldn't stand to hear her like this. Percy's sight got blurred with tears as well. He wanted to stay strong for her. But he couldn't. He didn't have the strength anymore.

"I will miss you too Wise Girl. So much." He whispered. She looked up. Surprised to hear his voice break when he said that.

They hugged for a couple minutes. Just holding each other in silence.

"We should pack up and get some sleep." Annabeth suggested. Percy nodded but didn't want to let go of her. But he was tired and wanted to sleep. So better get this over with.

Annabeth stayed the night with Percy in his cabin.
They talked and hugged each other tightly.
Eventually they both drifted of in a deep sleep.
Only to be woken up by the sad reality.

Percy took a shower and got dressed.

Annabeth was fussing about if Percy had everything with him and what they were missing.

Percy smiled and shut her up by kissing her.
For a moment they became one and their thoughts were just quiet for a second.

"Don't worry Wise Girl. We got this." Percy said.
Annabeth smiled and gave percy a gentle kiss before they went out for breakfast.

After breakfast Percy said goodbye to his friends and Chiron. Blackjack also came to say bye as well, Percy thought it was very sweet.

'I'm gonna miss you Boss.' He said sadly.

"I will miss you too buddy, I'll be back before you know. Just ask Annabeth for doughnuts." Percy tells him.

'She'd do that?' He asks enthusiastically.

"Of course. But don't overdo it. You'll get sick if you eat too much." Percy says with a warning tone. The others laughed at him and his Pegasus.

Annabeth gave him a kiss and hugged him tightly.
"We'll get through this wise girl." He assured her.
She nodded and Percy wiped away a tear of her cheek.
"If anything happens. IM me. I don't care when."

"I know Seaweed brain. I love you." She said.

"I love you too." Percy smiled.
They let go of each other and Percy turned around and looked into Dumbledore's blue eyes.

"I will see you at Hogwarts. The others will help you with everything." Dumbledore said winking.

Percy nodded and climbed into the van.
Argus started the engine and drove off.