Chapter 18- High or Low

^DEDICATED FOR VOTING ON MULTIPLE CHAPTERS THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT^

Chapter 18- High or Low

So far we were in the middle of our game, High or Low. By 'we' I mean Blake and I. Everyone basically left 30 minutes into the game. Everyone except for James and Farrah who didn't play because they wanted to get to know each other (Not that kind of way for those of you with dirty minds hahaha:)). Vance and Heather had went off after getting drunk and they're somewhere in the house. Parker gave up from always having to drink seeing as he sucks at guessing. Then there's Christine. She decided to watch the whole thing and when we asked her to join she complained on how if she played and got drunk that she would miss remembering this hilarious moment. But honestly, she did have a point. Imagine drunk people trying to guess higher or lower. Also think about them not being able to see the number and the silly stuff that they would say.

Back to the game though. Blake and I were the only ones playing and between us two, I think Blake had more to drink than me. Believe me its not like were wasted Parker covered that for us, but we've had a couple to drink to give us a buzz. Flipping a card from the deck I revealed the number 9. It was a pretty big number. "Lower."

Blake flipped the uppermost card and revealed a 5. Looking up I can see the debate in his eyes on which he should choose. "Higher." Blake said.

Turning over the next card was a 4 in all its glory.

Blake groaned and took a shot. So far we were half way through the bottle. Blake sighed.

I debated on my next move. Higher than a 4? Lower than a 4? Odds are more higher. "Higher." Once again the card flipped over revealing a 2. Darn. Filling up my glass I took my shot and winced at the burning going down my throat.

~20 minutes later~

Christine left the room 15 minutes ago saying that we were being party killers. No idea where her mind has been drifting but obviously its all over the place. First she thinks it would be humorous and now its a party killer. But anyways she left 15 minutes ago and went upstairs to Parker's bedroom to check on him and his drunken state I guess.

Slamming the shot down from my last bad move, I looked up to the now empty bottle. I frowned as to the game being officially over. Still frowning at the bottle I never noticed how Blake was slowly inching closer to me. Now realizing we were face to face and I could smell the alcohol on his mouth. My wolf was jumping around all over the place making my headache from the drinks worse then it had to be. Letting my wolf take over I smashed my lips to his and soon I was lifted out of my chair and situated on the table. The kiss went on, fiery and sweet. Finding the need to breathe when my lungs burned I detached our lips and gulped in air.

Blake never once took his lips off me however he kept trailing kisses down my neck and back up my jaw. The urge to have his lips back on mine became to much and I gently pulled his hair so he would lift his head up and quickly connected our mouths in a searing kiss. Soon I found my back against the wall and the kiss continued. His hand was resting in my hair and the other was on my neck controlling the kiss at an even pace. Slowly leaving my neck his one hand traveled down my side and stopped resting on my waist.

I gasped at the contact as vivid memories passed through my mind and I stepped back hesitantly breaking the kiss.

Blake stared at me confused and I descretely put my arms around my waist trying to look casual.

I looked down at the floor still feeling his questioning gaze on me. Narrowing his eyes at my arms that were gaurding my waist from sight he took the step forward that I had taken back  after the new contact, until he was right in front of me. Grabbing my arms they were futile to my attempt to keep them there and with his strength he easily unlocked them and lifted up my shirt.

He gasped at the sight and whispered never leaving his eyes off my waiste.

"Where are these scars from?" He asked seeming to know already but wanting his suspicions confirmed.

"Battle wounds." I replied, to which he looked at me a long time.

"Who were you battling?" He asked with his jaw clenched but surprisingly keeping his wolf at bay.

"Me, Life,..Aden." I mumbled but got quieter at the end. I looked down ashamed of the ugliness that lay before him.

"Don't be ashamed." He whispered. I, not even once, looked up into those eyes that would leave me melting.

"Why are you ashamed." Blake asked after moments of me still looking down.

"They're ugly." I whispered letting the tears fall.

Blake pulled me to him rubbing my lower back. I flinched as he ran across a scar that was still hidden from view which made his wolf growl.

"How many?" He asked with a growl, "Show me." I obeyed and continued to show him the faint scarring on my wrists, the stab wound on my right thigh, the cuts on my hips and waiste and then the deep gash on my back.

"Those are just the ones on the surface." I whimpered making tears fall at the uneasiness of my voice. I could barely even recognize it. So full of pain and vulnerability.

"You think you're the only one?" Blake said. "Everyone has scars. We just don't all wear them on the outside."

"Thats the thing!" I shouted with a sob. "Others you wouldn't notice. Looking at me, you do. I can't go anywhere without being read like an open book and thats what I hate. I can't look in the mirror without seeing all these faded white lines that I know will never fade. I can't sleep knowing that those scars will always be there reminding me of everything that I never had a chance to stop. I never can. They'll always be there reminding me of my failures. Reminding me of my parents death." I sobbed into his shirt having no power to keep my walls built up anymore.

"They only make you stronger. It means you're stronger. You're stronger than all of who tried to hurt you."

I continued to sob seeking confort in the arms that were tightly wrapped around me.

"You're beautiful. I don't care what has happened to you. In my eyes you always will be. You were before and these little battle wounds won't change anything. You alway were and always will be, perfect."

And those were the last words I heard before my body let the sobs take me to sleep.

A/N Sorry for not updating in a while. My exams are coming up and I have to get all my assignments in and choose a class to use my exemption on. Picking classes for next year. The school year is catching up and I can't believe its gone so fast. I'll try to post whenever I can.

I also want to thank those again that I dedicated this chapter to for Voting for my story. Thanks for the support. :)

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME ~STEPHANIE