Chapter 7

??? POV

CRASH

   I bolt upright on my couch, eyes shooting open. "What the fuck was that??" I groan as I stretch and walk towards the door to my apartment.

  Opening it, My eyes instantly land in front of me. A girl, who looks just a little younger than me, sitting with her knees up and her head thrown back as she huffs a loud sigh. Her long h/c locks swaying behind her.

   There were a couple boxes around her, one had almost emptied all it's contents. Contents being cleaning supplies. She must have dropped them.

   'It looks like she's about ready to give up.' I think to myself as a light chuckle escapes my lips while I rest against the doorframe.

   Her eyes snap open and straight to me with furrowed brows "can I help you?"
   I smirk, glancing at the mess around her "no but it looks like you could use some"

   She follows my eyes and looks back at the moving truck not far behind her and sighs before looking to me with a hopeful pout that makes my stomach twist.

   The smirk my face once had turns into a scowl, lifting an eyebrow "I didn't say I would help." I deadpanned.
   Her pout only intensifies, the twisting in the pit of my stomach turning into knots. "Fine, but you owe me" I push myself off the doorframe " and get that stupid look off your face" I grumble, bending down beside her.

   She beams up at me. Now that I'm closer, I can see the slitted pupils of her e/c eyes. 'Huh... ya don't see that everyday'

   "Thank you so much!" She smiles, grabbing the box closest to her as I placed the contents of the other back in the box that had spilt. "I was going to have a couple friends help, but they had some important school stuff to do today." I nod as I follow her into the apartment just in front of mine.

   Helping her with the rest of her stuff, we make some small talk. I learned that she moved from just a couple towns over. Said she needed a new start. Something about the way her tone was told me I shouldn't pry, not that I cared to in the first place. I can relate to it though.

  I've never been great at conversation. Honestly it's pretty exhausting for me, but she seemed to pick up on that pretty easily. Luckily she seemed more than happy to work in silence.
'Thank god' I thought to myself. I was already tired from work, now helping this random chick move and having to work tonight... I just didn't have it in me to carry conversation. I need sleep. 'Why did I even agree to this'

...

   Sighing as I help her place the last piece of furniture in the living area, I stretch my arms up and groan "so, that all of it?" I asked, making sure we hadn't missed anything.

   "Yep." She smiled softly, putting the last box down before taking a breath and wiping her forehead with the back of her sleeve. "Thank you by the way, Mister..." she dragged out the 'R'

   Picking up on the hint, "Dabi" her catlike eyes met mine. She scanned my face quickly before another soft smile spread across her face. " I'm Y/n"

   "I didn't ask," I said flatly, without realizing I'd fixed a cold glare onto her. which earned a frown and a huff from the girl in front of me. "And here I thought you were so nice," she complained, cheeks puffing.

   I hummed in response and headed towards the door. The way she looked at my face made me uncomfortable, My patchwork body being a bit of an insecurity of mine. I didn't usually get close enough for people to study my face like that. Not that it's not noticeable from a distance, but the way she was so close and glancing around. It pissed me off.

   "You still owe me though, and I plan to collect eventually." I mumble before closing the door behind me and taking the couple steps in front of me to my own.

   Taking my shirt off as I get to my room, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror on my way to bed. I stop and look back at my reflection with a straight face. The burnt patches of skin under my eyes, my jaw and my neck, shoulders and arms, and stretching from my belly button to the center of my back. 'At least the metal piercings holding it all together look badass. I guess'
   "This damn quirk." I growl before "That damn old man" dropping onto my bed, arms resting over my eyes. More than ready for sleep to take me. The last things to cross my mind being that pouty face and those e/c cat eyes oddly enough, not my insecurities or grudges.

Y/n's POV

   I huff as the door forcefully closes behind the raven haired man. "I wonder if I said something to upset him. He seemed fine until just now" she shivered remembering the cold turquoise stare that bored straight into her as they exchanged names.

   I also wondered about the dark patches on his face. I'd never ask since it was probably something super personal, I wasn't stupid, but I was curious though.

    I gasped before facepalming herself "he probably saw me look. I'm such an asshole" I sighed, knowing that my attempt to acquaint his face with his name in my mind probably came off the wrong way.

   It's not like he wasn't handsome. I didn't think they took away from that at all. Especially with those intense eyes of his. Tingles pricked across my skin thinking about them. "I have to find a way to apologize sometime soon... I wonder if he likes cookies"

   While unpacking and putting the rest of my furniture together, I had decided to make some fresh cookies for my new neighbor tomorrow. He probably needed some time to calm down anyways, I knew I would if someone made me uncomfortable like that...

...

   By the time I was done with the move it was dark out. Plopping myself in the middle of my bed, I fell right to sleep. The long move having sapped all my energy, not even leaving enough to change out of my clothes.

   Suddenly an image of the smirk he gave when they first met came to mind to mind. Goosebumps spread across my skin as I huddled under the covers for warmth.

   I think I'll make chocolate cookies...