Chapter 10

It's been a couple weeks since I moved now. Things have been pretty nice, especially since me and my unusually aloof neighbor made amends.

   I learned that he works really random hours, but usually has Saturdays and Wednesdays off , he even pops in every now and then when he gets bored. Especially since he found out I had a few gaming consoles.
   He doesn't like to talk about work though, so I don't pry.

   Other than that, I've kept in touch with Izuku and Hitoshi. They seem to be doing really good even though school keeps them both really busy. My therapist says I'm making good progress too, and we both agree that the move was a great idea

   I can actually breathe here. Not having to worry about people knowing any of my secrets, and not having to worry about seeing the man I thought I'd spend my life with give his attention to another woman.
   And everyone around here seems so warm and welcoming.

   Today happens to be Saturday in fact, and since I won Mario Cart (5-1), my new raven haired friend gets to show me around town since I still haven't gotten my bearings yet.

   ...

   " Awe, come on! I can't be that terrible to hang out with," I whine at the frown he's had plastered to his face since leaving the complex. "Or could it be that you're still upset that you lost so hard at Mario Cart. After all that shit talk too" I snicker beside him.

   He throws his head back with a grumble as we continue to head towards town. "It's nine in the morning. How do you have so much energy?" You shrug, not about to tell him you might have been excited to hang out with him and explore.
   His head swings back down as he playfully nudges my shoulder, causing me to stumble to the side a bit as he chuckles. " and you only won because I was so tired. Don't get cocky"

  I smile, I haven't gotten to see his usual apathetic demeanor slip often. Not without that relentlessly sarcastic one taking its place at least. I'm happy I made a friend here so quickly, and such a nice one at that.

   "This is the first stop on the tour," he says with mock enthusiasm, slipping back into his usual sarcastic stoicism. "Welcome to the best pizza place in all of Japan. They even deliver." We continue as he points out odd shops and and important things like food markets. Even a pet store

"Maybe I should get a pet, I'm not used to being alone so often..." I mumble under my breath while I watch the store as I pass by.

   "Oh? You still live with your parents before the move or something?" It was a simple question, completely harmless even, but it still caught me off guard.
   Stumbling over my words as I try to form an appropriate response that doesn't include my depression past. "U-uh. No. I haven't really, uh- I mean I've been living with... friends... since second year in high school."

   He raised an eyebrow, obviously noticing the awkwardness of the answer, but he doesn't question me on it. "Same here. Kind of" I nod in acknowledgment as the awkwardness I felt faded.
   Following him around, I got a way better idea of the area. He even showed me this huge park that had a woodsy area in the center and I could see a little pond with a bridge and trails leading everywhere through the whole place. 'I'll have to check that out'

...

   On the way back we decided to stop by that pizza place to grab a bite to eat since it had ended up being a bit on the late side. It was even starting to get dark.

   "Oh my gosh you weren't kidding! That was so good!" I say as I pat my tummy in satisfaction with a happy smile.
   "You really almost put an entire pizza away by yourself." His sarcasm slipping into his tone.

   I squint my eyes "what's that supposed to mean?" I retort as my arms cross in front of me, shooting a glare towards the man across the table from me.

   "It means I'm impressed. I couldn't even have done that if I tried." He shakes his head with a chuckle, "I don't know how you did it"

  We split the bill and headed towards our homes. It was close to 11 when we finally made it.
   He slumped onto my couch with an exhausted groan. Neither of us expected the heavy dinner to weigh us down the way it did in that short distance back. It felt like it took forever to get home. I decide to plop on the floor in front of the couch to take a breather.

   "Man we really should have thought that through..." I trail off as I hear the sounds of soft snoring from behind me.
   Turning around, I see that he's fast asleep. I can't help but notice how much his features have softened, and now that you actually look he's quite handsome.

   You notice his sharp features like his jawline, his long eyelashes, the scars lining all of it. He honestly was an extremely good looking guy, and his hair looks so soft. You almost want to touch it.

   You realize you're hand is just a couple inches away from his hair as he grumbles and wiggles to get as comfy as possible and snap out of it. You quickly retract your hand. 'Poor guy. I should have asked to go home sooner. He's so sleepy'

   With a yawn you get up to grab a spare blanket and cover the peacefully sleeping man up before heading to your room to change and hop into your bed for some sleep of your own.

You fall asleep easier than you have in the last couple months...