14. I Am Gay

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I woke up next morning and checked the time. It was five in the morning. I stayed up last night till 2:00 a.m. for the project. Now that it was over, I sighed in relief. It was only a matter of time before I hand it over to my father and he approves it along with a load of comments. They were mostly about my flaws and laziness. Well, that's him. The strictest business man in the whole nation. And I am his son who was forced to have a life like this.

And now, I had to finish my class homework which was pending. Being Taehyung's tutor and doing my dad's project, I had no time for school stuff. But since I was like one of the toppers and most of the teachers were lenient to me, I could sometimes escape detentions. Even though I had that power, I intend not to use it. Why you may ask. Simply. I sat down on my desk and began to scribble the math equations and problems on my book. The sums and problems were pretty easy and I had no problem finishing it in five minutes. I am a genius!

Since I had absolutely nothing to do after finishing my homework, I thought of sleeping. Then I remembered that my father still existed in the house and there was no way sleep would be provided to me. How about a walk? I usually start at 6:30 a.m. I got up and wore my jogging tracks and a sweatshirt. I went out of my room and it was absolutely silent. Everyone were asleep, including the maids and butlers. I sneaked out through the front door and out into the freezing cold. It was a bit bright but it was foggy. You couldn't see a thing around you. I ignored the stinging cold and the gloomy fog and jogged. There was no one outside but I could hear movements from the neighboring houses. They were awake in their warm, cozy homes while I was out here jogging in the stingy cold. I could feel my nose turning cold, but that was the pleasure of being in the cold. Winter was my favorite season after summer. Nothing could beat the hot, blazing summer. I jogged and jogged for as long as I could and finally decided to go back home. The fog was thinning a bit and the sun was now almost visible. I ran back home and came back exactly in an hour. Wow! I was outside for so long.

I pushed open the door and walked inside. I removed my dirty shoes and wore my clean slippers which I use inside my house.

"Where did you go?" I turned my head to the familiar voice and saw my mother sitting on the couch. She had dark circles under her eyes and she was still in her nightwear. It looked like she just got up because her eyes were drooping slightly and her face was a bit bloated.

"I went out for jogging, mother," I said and she nodded. Mother and father. Since the time I was born I was told to address them like that. Never once in my life have I called them in the most affectionate way. According to my father, it was to show your sternness. I still didn't understand what he meant by that, but I dared not to ask him about it.

"She is coming next week," my mother suddenly spoke. I looked at her and she saw my confused look, "Your fiancée. She is coming next week."

I looked at the floor and sighed. My fiancée. Or more like, my forced-to-be fiancée. I never liked her but she was completely in love with me. This marriage was all business and not love. My father wanted to secure his bonds with the Rivers Company, another big company. Hence, this marriage. It's not like I don't want to get married, but I want it to be with someone who I love. I told this before, but the argument went on for days and in the end, I had no choice but to accept it.

"My fiancée?" I asked and she nodded. I sighed. Even my mother accepted it. She had no choice but to do that. Anyone who gets on my father's bad side was immediately considered an enemy. My mother knew this and yet she married him because they were almost similar in a way.

"You have to treat her with respect and don't forget your manner. This bond is important and—"the rest of the words were drowned by my thoughts. I need to escape this. Taehyung still hadn't accepted my fake boyfriend deal. And now I had only four more days before she comes here.