Hero Aunt

I am greeted with a shower of kisses and hugs by Millie before I even get to the front door of the house. I stumble a little.

"Hold up Moo, I have some stuff to give you from the signing." I walk into the door and wave to my sister who is busy in the kitchen. "I hope whatever smells so good in there has an extra portion with my name on it," I call out as Millie drags me toward her bedroom. She slams her door shut and spins around in eager anticipation, untucking her stiff button down shirt from her uniform skirt.

"What was it like?! I have to know every detail." She throws herself across the bed and I sit down across from her at the small desk.

There's a tap at the door and my sister pushes it open. "Halley, you can stay for dinner and stay the night if you want."  She doesn't have to invite me, I'm there so often anyway.

"Mom please leave, Halley is about to tell me what the fan sign was like," Millie rolls her eyes annoyed. Her mother sighs and shuts the door.

Stacey is older than me by almost 10 years and practically raised me so I almost feel like she's my mom too. Well, that and I have yet to grow up and get a real life as she has frequently reminded me.

Once we are alone I pull out some of the free stuff I grabbed for her off of the table and she digs through everything inspecting each item quickly then moving on.  I hand her the book and her hands nearly tear it from mine in excitement. She flips to each page that has been labeled with a yellow tab with each members name so they would know exactly where to sign.

"They each signed just where you indicated." I point to the first page where Jin signed. "That guy was super hot," I tell her. She nods in agreement.

"He's the oldest, he's even older than you are!" she says not realizing that I might not want to hear that.

She continues to look through each signature, Jin through Jimin's, and I tell her about what I said, and I pull out my phone to let her look through pictures.

She looks at V's signature page. "Millie Moo?! are you serious Aunt Halley?! You told him?! OMG I am so embarrassed!"

I laugh shaking my head, "I didn't mean to, it just came out."

"What did you say to them?"

"Oh I told everyone I was getting signatures for you. I think they knew it must be something like that because nearly everyone in the room was your age or a little older."

"Ugh, I could have been there if Mom wasn't so lame about missing school!" she groans.

"It's true, she's lame. But since you couldn't be there, you get something really special that no one else gets to have..." I raise my eyebrows up and down at her, teasing.

"What is it?!" She drops the autographed booklet onto the bed and sits up.

"Oh, wait, give me my phone." I take it from her and I scan through the pictures to find one of me and V. "This guy." I indicate, "Wow he was really cute. How old is he?"

"That's V. Kim Taehyung. He's in the maknae line." she rattles off statistics while nervously bouncing on her bed. "And..."

"Well, this guy, who signed Millie Moo, I know he's your favorite..."

She interrupts me, "I love them all equally, I'm OT7," she offers.

I nod, "Yes, sure. but look there's like two dozen pictures of just him on your wall." I indicate the collage of beautiful images of him with various hair colors on the wall near her pillow.

"Ok, so what's the surprise?!" She bounces faster, eager to hear more.

"Well I told him you couldn't come because you had school and he told me that if I gave him my phone number, he would ..." I pause, staring at her blankly.  Her mouth drops open, and her eyes get bigger. "Is dinner ready?" I say calmly. "It smells like it's nearly ready," I continue to stall and it drives her crazy.