Day 2- Finally Back home (part 1)

Warning! Contains: oogies, pecks, love, light light violence, language, etc

(May 8th, 3:30 am)

KATARA'S POV:

I wasn't able to sleep.

It's like, -50 degrees here. (btw I go by fahrenheit-)

I'm gonna freeze to death.

In the height of look for Aang, we hadn't even thought to bring any clothing or blankets. We flew to the South Pole in one day with no equipment. We're idiots.

My name was being called from behind me, seeming unsure and high-pitched. I raised my eyebrow and shook Aang awake. "Hello?" I called out, looking to see if I could figure out who it was.

"What's wrong, Katara?" Aang whispered, rubbing his eye. I felt him tug at my hand, and even though his warmth was calling me in, I shook him off. "Someone's calling my name." He raised his eyebrow and sat up, looking around with me.

"Who's there?" he shouted, his voice actually sounding demanding. I shivered and backed down. I'm only wearing my long-sleeved dress and a small jacket. Not enough for the South Pole whatsoever. Aang noticed and gave me his hand from in front of me, locking his fingers with mine.

"I don't see anyo-"

"Katara? Is that really you?" I stood up as Aang continued to grab my hand, holding me close to him, his body heat warming me up. "I don't trust this," Aang muttered, taking an octopus stance and making some icicles. saw a small, short, shadow in the distance, trying to make out who it was.

"Do I shoot?" I shrugged, "sure. I can't make out who it is." He started shooting the icicles at them, the figure avoiding them with ease. I grabbed some water and whipped their leg, causing them to collapse.

ELAINA'S POV:  

"Wake up," I mumble, rubbing my sister's shoulder. She groaned and sighed. "What do you want, El. I'm trying to sleep." I traced my words on her arm, "I need fresh air. Go on a walk with me." She whined loudly at me. "What time is it? I don't wanna go out. Go out alone." 

I flicked her forehead. "Come on, let's go. You know I'm not allowed out alone." She mumbled something about fucking with my head and getting me back for this as she got up and put on three jackets, just like I was wearing. 

"You owe me for this," she muttered. I smiled and bumped her with my shoulder as we left our house, "I know." She smiled under her breath as we both walked to the bridge, leading us out of the South Pole. 

We're not really allowed out of the South Pole. We just do it anyways. We got the permission from Hakoda and even though if Pakku ever caught us we'd be dead meat, we still like to do it. The City is so crowded now it's almost impossible to get fresh air, nothing like how it was a year ago. 

"I miss Katara," I muttered randomly. It's true though- I do miss her. I haven't seen her since a month before she went out to find the Avatar- we were in the North Pole with the rest of the Tribe's kids. I truly do miss her. "Me too," Al whispered. 

"Do you think she'll come back soon? They did end the war," I whispered. Al shrugged and gave me a sad look. "I'm not gonna sugar coat this. Probably not. She has a friend group now and she and Sokka are probably happy with Team Avatar. I don't think they wanna come back." 

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Do you think... she's... coming back?" Al glared at me. We never talk about her. Al knows it, I know it, everyone in the Tribe knows it. "No. She fucking left us. There's no way she's ever coming back, you fucking hear me?" 

I nodded and kicked the snow. "I hear you. I'm sorry." She grabbed my hand and lent her head on my shoulder as I opened the gates to the South Pole. "Don't be. I know you miss her. I do, too." 

I sighed and closed the gates carefully. "These dumbasses can't even put up guards for these gates. That's the reason we're in and out so easily." Al smiled and snickered. "Yep."