Chapter Seventeen

(Third Person View)

Yoongi was clinging onto Y/n for dear life as his tears dripped down onto her pale skin that was covered with dirt and dust. The boys knew how he felt about Y/n, they knew he wanted to protect her and they knew he was feeling like he failed at that. Namjoon had his fingers placed on her wrist where her pulse was, making sure to keep a sharp eye on her breathing and if it started to slow down. Jin was applying pressure on the injury around the spike as much as he could but it was hard since the main source of the issue was still stuck right through her body like a piece of steak on a skewer. 

"Her breathing is getting slower," Namjoon said quickly to Jin. 

"I can't stop the bleeding with this pole still here but there's no way to remove it," Jin replied.

"P-please help her Jin," Yoongi sobbed out loud.

"I'm trying Yoongi," Jin sighed sorrowfully, with not much hope.

There was a couple moments of silence before Namjoon's hand frantically moved from Y/n's wrist and up to the area under her jawline, where he placed two fingers and moved them around shakily.

"Jin I can't find her pulse!" Namjoon yells out swiftly before backing away, when Jin comes up close. 

"Yoongi lay her down and move back," Jin commands in which Yoongi obliges, gently placing her head on the metal and holding her cold hand tight.

Jin moved away from the bleeding area and placed his right ear by Y/n's slightly parted mouth and looked down at her chest to see if she was breathing. Jin gulped down a clump of saliva at the still result. A small tear rolled down his cheek and made a drip noise as it collided with the metal grate. He slowly started to sit up, looking at a worried Yoongi.

"She's gone," Jin said with a low and mournful tone. 

"No! No!" Yoongi wailed rushing by Y/n's side again, "she'll wake up!"

"Yoongi-" Jin tried to rest his hand on Yoongi's shoulder. 

"Don't touch me." He said in a cold manor, shrugging Jin's hand away.

"She's going to be fine, look!" Yoongi said before pushing his lips onto Y/n's cracked purple ones, attempting to perform CPR on her. Then his shaky hands move down to her chest and push down onto it, hoping that she wakes up once again. 

Tears started to pour down his cheeks when nothing happened, the salty liquid mixing with Y/n's blood on the ground. Namjoon moved forward with an old piece of metal that he found. 

"Look Yoongi, she's gone now and in a few minutes she is going to wake up again but not as Y/n. She's going to be suffering as one of those monsters and we know she wouldn't want that." Namjoon said, clearly upset but thinking what would be best. 

"No! Please... Just a moment longer, she'll wake up," He cried even harder.

After a moment of mourning, there was a deep inhale heard from the body laying before them. Y/n.

***

(Y/n's View)

My eyes were too heavy to open still and my lungs ached in a searing pain every time I breathed in the musty air. I don't know what just happened. My mind was blank. However, before I could even process where I was, I started to cough up pools of blood. I spluttered as it travelled up my throat and sat on my bottom lip and chin as it trajected out. 

"Y/N!" Yoongi exclaimed before wiping the blood away from your chin, "I told you she'd wake up."

My eyes were heavy but I finally managed to open them to see three figures hovering over me but everything was to blurry to see who it was. 

"Hold her head up so she doesn't choke," someone says quickly. 

I could recognise that distinct voice from anywhere, it was Jin. One of the figures moves backwards and out of my sight. Jin placed his hands firmly down on my wound and I screamed out in pain as tears trickled down my cheeks freely. 

"We are going to have to work together and lift her up off this spike, that's the only way," Namjoon sighs. 

"What?! That's too dangerous!" Yoongi says as I continued to groan out in agony. 

"Joon's right, it's the only way," Jin says. 

"Can't we wait until she's unconscious or something?" Yoongi questions. 

"We can't wait that long and besides if she's unconscious her breathing won't be as stable," Jin explains.  

"Fine," Yoongi rolls his eyes but understands, "wait."

Without wasting another moment, Yoongi reached across his body and ripped a sleeve off of his jacket before putting it in my mouth. 

"Bite down on it to numb the pain," he mumbles and I tried to nod.

I was still feeling drowsy but I had understood what he meant. My breathing became fast and my mind was rushing with fear. This was going to hurt.

a/n: Happy new year everyone! Let's hope for a better year and I wish you all the best in 2021!