Chapter One

My temple was leaned against the window as I watched images rush past me on the highway in colourful blurs. I wish I could say that this was my first time in the back of a cop car, but it isn't. In fact, it's the fourth time. It feels so demoralising being in the back behind a jailed rack to stop me from getting to the driver. Heck, I didn't even do anything wrong! I was on my way to a top security prison in Daegu because of my father. Words can not describe how much I detest that man. Can he even call himself my father? He probably doesn't realise how much it hurts me, a fifteen year old, not having a mother and having a 'father' in prison most of the time.

My train of thoughts was cut off when loud sirens of many ambulances and cop cars filled the air as they rushed past us on the other side of the road; going towards the way we just came from. Towards Ulsan, my home city.

"How long is he going to be there, Officer?" I asked, hoping for a short amount of time.

"Twenty-three years," he sighed blankly, clearly feeling sympathy for me.

"What did he do?" My voice cracked, as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Assault with a blunt weapon and manslaughter, in a bar fight that he had also started."

More tears started to roll down my cheeks and they were dripping onto my black cargo jeans. He was always drinking. Usually, he was arrested for theft or shoplifting; this time he killed someone. Intentional or not, he still did it. Am I wrong?

'Welcome to Daegu' a sign above the highway read.

I let out a sob, knowing that I was nearing the man who called himself my father. He probably wasn't fazed by what he had done. Who am I kidding? He's probably still off his rocket drunk. The cop in the front turned around to face me, taking his eyes off the road, only for a moment.

"Miss Seo, please don't cry, we are going to take you to visit him," he said calmly.

"No! I don't want to see him! He is not my father! I don't want to be related to him!" I cried.

Averting my gaze up steadily, I noticed the cop still looking at me worried however I suddenly stopped crying when I noticed something through the front window. There was a dirty, limping figure making its way across the centre of the highway. We neared it hastily and my eyes widened.

"STOP THE CAR!" I shouted at him.

Swiftly, he turned his head around to concentrate on the road.

"Oh shit!" He shouted and swerved the car sending us, still inside, down a hill and into a forest.

As the car was rolling, I hit my head forcefully on the window beside me. The vehicle came to a stop, upturned, when it hit a tree. My vision started to become blurred and I slowly started to drift out of consciousness.

***

Eventually, my eyes started to open, and my conscious started to come back slowly. Searing pain circled the left side of my head and every now and then drops of blood would drip down forming a small puddle on the floor below me. I tried to move only to realise I was still upside down in the car. Thank Lord for seatbelts!

I reached up with my limp arms and unbuckled my seatbelt. Heavily I hit the inside roof that was covered in small shards of glass from the front window. Inaudible groans filled the upside-down car. Cautiously, I rubbed some shards off my arms before pulling the sleeves of my black hoodie down over my scarred wrists.

Slowly, I rolled over onto my exposed stomach (from my cropped hoodie) and tried to open the car door; only to find that back doors were locked, and the back windows were still intact.

"Just my luck," I groaned rolling my eyes before switching over onto my back and pushing myself over to the other window. I used my chunky black combat boots to kick the back left window, resulting in it smashing into small shard of glass.

I didn't waste a second before crawling out of the smashed-up car. I got to my feet but the first thing I did was squat down and throw up on the muddy ground. I'd managed to hold it in in since I'd gained consciousness. It was presumably from being dangled upside down for what I assume to be a whole day; considering the sun was now setting unlike the broad daylight I was in moments before the crash.

Great, I was alone in the middle of an unfamiliar place with only the sight of a city, which I believed was Daegu. Not to mention the blood coming from my forehead. I looked up to where the highway was supposed to be, in hopes of maybe hitch-hiking my way to Daegu. However, instead I was greeted by a vertical hill making it practically impossible to climb up.

Everything is against me today! I guess I have no choice but to walk through the forest alone until I get there.

a/n: stream BE and life goes on everybody! :D