Chapter Seven

The gas station was very mysterious. Two cars were left there abandoned. One was an abandoned black MPV and the other was a regular silver car. There was a smeared bloody handprint on the window of the silver car and a door was open on a ninety degree angle. It was definitely the least approachable vehicle. A diesel pump that was connected to a barrel of oil was leading directly into the gas tank of the silver car.

Even so, we weren't here for a car just yet, if that's the route we were deciding to take later. Cautiously, we wondered into the building that was beside the many gas pumps outside. It had already been ransacked, but a few supplies had been left behind for us to claim for ourselves. Luckily, there was also a restroom situated in the corner beside the counter.

"Everyone let's rest up and be on our way again at dawn," Namjoon chants.

"Yes sir!" Me and Hobi reply whilst saluting, before bursting out into an explosion of giggles.

After a little talking with Hobi, I decided to gather myself some more supplies. Honestly, there really wasn't much, but I also had a gut feeling about something. Shaking it off, I walked over to the water section. I picked up one of the few bottles of water, and chugged it down, trying to rid the ache in my mid-region.

***

There was small chatter amongst the group, I was currently talking to Yoongi.

"Thanks for saving Joon back there," he says lowly.

"Of course, anything for a friend."

The weird feeling in my stomach started to grow stronger, so I started to drink more of my water.

"So, what did you used to do?" I ask him, trying to take my mind off the pain.

"I wanted to be a music idol," he sighs.

"Mmm, so you're talented huh?" I ask.

"Maybe a little," he chuckles.

Suddenly, the urge to pee rushed over me so I quickly stood up.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom!" I say, quite loud.

I run across the store and towards the bathroom. Hurriedly, I opened the door to the bathroom and ran inside, locking the door beside me.  However, when I turned around. Something horrible greeted me. Three walkers, in this confined space.

There was a woman, with black hair hanging over her face. Veins as bright as neon signs.

There was a man, his clothes were torn and covered in blood. Eyes as white as pearls.

There was a young boy, around the age seven. His white gown buried his petite figure. Teeth as yellow as a street lamp.

Why does this always happen to me? 

As a joint effort, all three walkers pushed me against the wall and my back hit the tiles vigorously. I screamed as loud as I could.

"HELP! PLEASE HELP!"

"Y/N?! ARE YOU OKAY?" I heard the incoherent shouts of the boys.

They kept shaking the door handle and trying to push it open. It was a lot of effort trying to keep three different inhumane bodies from biting me. Without hesitation, I kicked the small walker boy down to the ground and stamped atop of his skull causing a red liquid to spread around the room. Guilty tears started to run down my cheeks, putting me in a vulnerable state.

Reaching out for the handle, I flicked the lock and the door swung open, in which the four boys ran in only to find me being pushed against the wall firmly by two walkers. Dealing with one alone like this may have been easy, but the two of them at once was easier said that done. Jin darted across the room and pulled the lid of the toilet off and brutally bludgeoned both walkers across the head in a matter of seconds. It was very aggressive to watch.

Yoongi ran over to me and put his large hands on my shoulders, whilst looking me in the eyes. My heart couldn't help but flutter a little, however I was still shocked from moments before. Tears continued to leave trails down my wet cheeks.

"Y/n, did it hurt you?" He asks me, worriedly.

"N-n-no," I stutter many times from my tears.

"Shhhh, it's okay. Come on, let's go get you something to eat," he replies, calmly.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and brings me back into the main part of the station before sitting me down behind the counter and sitting beside me.

"I killed the child," I sobbed.

"Hey. He was suffering, at least he can rest in peace now," He says whilst wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"But-" I tried to protest.

"Shhh, no buts, go to sleep. You need to rest up."

Carefully, he pulls my head onto his shoulder and holds me close to him in hope of comforting me. Even if it was just him helping me, it made my heart flutter and my stomach feel fuzzy; the feeling was an unusual one, and I didn't recognise it...