Chapter Four

"I'll lead the way," Yoongi says as he walks ahead of me, "follow me."

He leads me down a dark alleyway in which I immediately recognized the road it led to. The road was filled with 'walkers' as the group calls them and there was still one dead on the floor. Yoongi seemed to know his way around this part of Daegu like the back of his hand. Just before we reached the end of the alley there was a small white door on the right beside a dumpster. Yoongi's hand stretches out to the door handle and he rotates it left and right but it refuses to open.

"It's locked," he mutters.

"Let me try," I say moving in front of the door, "I know how to open it, give me a minute."

I grab the box cutter from my back pocket and insert it into the edge of the keyhole. After couple of moments of jiggling it left and right a small click is heard and the door swings open. I walk in and Yoongi follows behind me.

"Stay away from the front window," he states simply before separating from me.

First, I decided to head over to where the backpacks were. We were in one of those multi-grocery stores where they had almost everything. At the end of one of the isles there was a basket filled with black rucksacks and I picked one up and ripped the tags off of it. Being aware of my surroundings, I looked out for water bottles.

Some people had definitely been in here before us. There were shopping carts with some things that people had left and fallen items left were scattered on the floor. The most worrying thing was the smears of blood on the shiny floor. At speed, I was filling up my rucksack with bottles of water, small food items, medical supplies and even some girly products for when that time comes.

Cautiously, I wondered through the isles looking for Yoongi. In the end I find him and we head back to the furniture store together.

***

The group and I spent the rest of the day hanging out in the furniture store. Enjoying little conversations. Although we were all underage (apart from Jin,) Yoongi had brought in five bottles of soju and we were all just talking amongst each other. I discovered that Hoseok had a very low alcohol intake, after his bottle he was hammered and already passed out on the couch.

"So Y/n what were you up to...before this," Jin asked me.

"Well, I'm fifteen so I was still in high school. Although in my own time I would do free running," I replied before gulping down a swig of soju.

"Free running?" Namjoon questions, looking rather puzzled.

"It's like parkour, I climb all these buildings and stuff like that, however you can create your own moves and such," I say.

"Woah, so you can climb good?" Jin asks.

"I guess so, yeah."

"Have you ever injured yourself doing it?" Yoongi asks curiously.

I thought for a moment before answering his question, "once, when I jumped from one building to another I rolled weirdly and dislocated my shoulder."

They all nod understandingly.

"I think I'm going to go out and get bearings of my surroundings in this unfamiliar city. I'll stick to the rooftops," I say standing up.

"Be careful," they say.

"Will do."

I step out through the back exit of the shop and into a small alleyway. Coming out alone in a situation like this might seem stupid, but I just wanted to take a deep breath and maybe look for our next destination.

I climbed up onto a dumpster before jumping high and grabbing onto the drain of a small building that was behind the furniture store and I climbed my way onto the roof from there. Jumping from roof to roof, using flips and rolls in some areas, was relaxing to me. 

I stopped right in front of a large abandoned skyscraper. Not recently abandoned, it looked more like it had been abandoned for a decade by now. The adrenaline junky inside of me, screamed to climb it and so I did. My favourite thing to do, was to climb a skyscraper in a new city and get a view of the place; the zombie apocalypse wasn't going to change it right now, it might be my last time to ever do this.

Eventually, I had scaled the tower and I lay down on the rooftop looking up at the tiny stars in the sky, laughing hysterically at what I just did. I must have climbed over thirty stories. Slowly, I stood up and looked at the city I was in. Everything was dark. No lights were on. Everything was so lonely. I gazed back at the highway I came from, and followed it along even further past where I had exited off via a junction, in the direction of where I think Busan is. Very far in the distance, I could see lights. City lights. I gasped. Was Busan still open? Was it still running? Was it  safe?

Without wasting a second, I made my way back towards the furniture store, following the same steps from before. I needed to tell the boys. Maybe, this is where we should travel to next.

When I arrived at the store we were camping at, I opened the back door and ran in.

"Guys, you'll nev-" I was cut off when I noticed a walker in the centre of the furniture store...