Chapter Twenty-Four

a/n: i was listening to that song as I wrote majority of this chapter and it really set a mood lmaoaoao ^^

Sucking in one deep breath, I waited for the doors to open. Slowly, the two walls started to part from each other and I got a view of what was on the other side. It was a small courtyard where the grass didn't grow and more of the metal fencing ran around in a square. I could see the night starry sky above everything down below. 

Moment's later, I saw it. At least twenty walkers all wandering around the courtyard freely, nothing holding them back. I took a few steps backwards, hiding behind the fully grown adults. 

"Three! Two! One!" The megaphone lady shouts as she puts pressure on an air horn which let out a loud screech before she turned the sand timer over. My mind raced back to the time where the blonde boy had said 'three minutes' and I immediately assumed that it was the length of the game. 

My thoughts were cut short by the screeches of walkers and the speeding sounds of their feet hitting the floor rapidly as they sprint into the small arena and start to chase after the prisoners who were now frantically running for their lives. 

"Let the games begin!" 

I ran as fast as I could and hid under the balcony, hoping I'd be a bit safer in the enclosed corner. From the distance, I could see the blonde boy running non-stop, dodging everything that came into his path. Meanwhile, most of the others proved unlucky as they fell down to the floor, putting pressure on their bleeding bite. Screams filled the air, mixing in with the screeches of the cannibalistic monsters.

This was just cruel. Not only was I trapped in an arena full of walkers, but both of my hands were tied together tightly by a piece of plastic that I couldn't seem to snap off. Approximately around fifteen seconds later a walker started to run directly for me and I left my corner, heading for the centre of the area. 

As I was sprinting off, I slipped in the ankle deep water and landed roughly on the hard stone floor beneath. However, I didn't have time to groan over the new bruise forming because the walker that had chased me, jumped directly on top of me. 

I screamed out in pain when I felt it's knee dig into my wound and the tearing of stitches. 

"Y/n!" I heard Yoongi and the slam of someone against the chained fences above. 

"Fight back Y/n!" I head Joon shouting from above, "GO Y/N!" 

I looked up at them before looking back up at the walker. It looked like it was once a handsome man considering it must have been in its mid thirties and it was strong, heavy too. The blue veins that crept up its neck terrified me alongside the loud snapping of its blood covered teeth. I don't have time to be scared anymore, I need to fight. For myself. For Joon, Jin and Hobi. For Yoongi.

I gritted my teeth and screamed as I tried to push the walker off of me but then resulted in lifting up my leg and kicking it away, it landed on the ground causing a splash. The walker was once again up on it's two feet charging at me full speed but I put my arms out and stopped it with strong hands on its shoulder and I started to push it against the wall that was under the table with brute strength. 

I slammed it roughly against the wall over and over, its head falling back and hitting the wall solidly over and over. Eventually, my arms had got tired and I knew that I wouldn't be able to kill the thing like this fully, I did however weaken its skull. Knowing this I turned around scraping the back of my right shoulder slightly on the wall, riskily switching our positions but successfully pushing the walker down in the water once again. 

Out in the open for all to see, I raised my knee and slammed my foot directly down into the walkers face causing my black boot to sink down into the walkers skull almost as if I'd stamped on a huge apple. It stopped moving. I had done it. I killed another one!

Only a couple seconds after, an alarm went off and all of the walkers screeched before running back through the door alongside guards dragging bitten people onto the other side as the kicked and screamed. Moments later the doors sealed shut together tightly and there was silence for a minute before the crowds burst out into cheers. 

My eyes skimmed over everything, the water was not just brown now since it was tinted from the blood. Some blood smeared on the wall from my stunt. Then I realised I wasn't the only one to survive. The blonde boy stood hunched over slightly, panting as he looked at the crowd. That's when I looked up too, noticing the proud boys looking down at me. 

There was a shuffling noise of metal as the door I had originally entered from opened and guards swiftly moved in before escorting me back to my cell. The masked people pushed me down onto the floor in the corner, similar to the first time I was thrown in here. One guard knelt down and pulled a knife out of his pocket before easily cutting the cable tie off from around my wrist. 

In the corner of my eyes, I could see the boys outside of my cell waiting to talk to me. Once the guard had finished shackling me, he reached down and pulled my shoes off, revealing my bare feet. 

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" I asked him as I stood up abruptly, feeling a little headed. Probably because I was losing blood after I'd torn my stitches open. 

The guards head moved to look at me, or so I assumed he was looking at me, "you used these as a weapon in the games, am I wrong? That's not allowed."

He then just walked out with my shoes in hand. 

"JERK!" I screamed as he left my sight. 

The boys chuckled at my outrage and I walked over to them, feeling the cold stone freeze my bare feet, adjusting to the new temperature. 

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Yoongi asks worriedly as he puts his arms through the bars and searched my arms, presumably looking for any sign of bite or scratch. 

"I think I torn my stitches," I groaned out as I lifted the my shirt up slightly and peering down at the white bandage, circling my torso. There was a red splodge on it that wasn't there before.

"Appears so," I tutted. 

"Should I get the someone?" Yoongi asks me concerned. 

"They won't do anything, did you find a way to get me out? I don't want to be here by the time next week rolls around," I ask, looking at Jin. 

"We do actually. There is a school on the edge of this camp, beside the wall and it's completely empty because the camp don't use it," Jin explained to me, "we stole some supplies and hid them in there a couple of hours ago." 

"Later tonight, whatever happens we want you to go the school and meet us there. Got it?" Joon confirms. 

"Got it!" I smile. 

"Well we're going to get this plan ready, come one guys," Namjoon states as they start walking off. 

Hobi just stood there looking at his feet. He'd been distant quite a bit recently. I feel like I haven't had a conversation with him in a while. Maybe something's wrong. 

"Hobi? Is something wrong?" I ask him gently, as a tear rolls down his cheek and I became concerned over my friend's state. 

"Hobi please ta-"

"I love you," he interrupts.

a/n: the whole zombie arena thing is inspired by the film 'peninsula' and I'm not going to take credit for the idea and yikes, Hobi has found himself in a pickle.