Chapter Twenty

"I- I meant support you, since you can't lift your arms up properly without hurting your wound, it needs to be stitched up still," Yoongi states with a red tint on his cheeks, "if you have your back to me I can help without looking."

"Oh yeah, right," I say turning around so my back was to Yoongi.

"Raise your arms a bit, stop if it hurts though," he states.

I oblige and lift my arms up a bit, feeling the soreness of my injury, although it does feel a lot better than it did when I was still attached to the pipe.

Slowly, Yoongi pulls my cropped hoodie that was now covered in blood over my head. I heard the trickle of water before feeling a cold, wet fabric press upon my shoulder. I flinch a little at the sudden contact.

"I'm just cleaning up this dust and dirt, although a feather duster might be more useful," Yoongi chuckles lightly and I laugh a long with him.

He pulled the black cami shirt over my head and helped me put my arms in. After the shirt was on, I felt his arms delicately wrap around my waist, being cautious of my injury. Of course it was Yoongi. Comfortably, he lies his head on my left shoulder and closes his eyes.

"Hey Yoongi?" I ask and he just replies with a hum, not moving.

"If there's a hole going through my body," I pause, "does that make me holy?"

Yoongi moves his arms from around my waist and he looks at me with a disgusted look.

"Was that supposed to be a joke?" He asks me, disappointed.

"Yes and no."

"Oh my- that's worse than Jin's jokes," he laughs at me and I join in with his laughter.

"Put these on quickly but carefully, whilst I go get the others," Yoongi says passing me the grey joggers.

***

Once I'd changed, the boys had come into the back of the car and we were all just sitting together in the car boot, laughing at little things.

"-it was the worst joke I've ever heard," Yoongi exclaims over the top of Jin's hysterical fits of laughter.

"That's great!" Jin exclaims reaching his hand out for a high five, in which I follow through with.

All of the members knew about me and Yoongi. They must have talked about it whilst I was asleep or something like that.

I was looking past Yoongi (who was sitting opposite me) and gazing directly out of the tinted window behind him and in my peripheral vision, I noticed two armed silhouettes nearing our car in the light of dusk.

I gulped down the bile that was riding up my throat and looked towards the locked car-boot door. The two mysterious people came right up to it and knocked onto the window gently. That's odd.

Namjoon, who was closest to the door, leans over and opens it up from the inside, looking at the two men. They both looked as though they were from the military, and the rifles they were holding emitted a dangerous aura.

"Can we help you?" Namjoon asked with calm demeanor, although still cautious of the situation.

"We're supposed to be asking you the same thing," the first military man fires back.

"What he means is: we are here from the safe haven nearby, every night we scout the area and take citizens from the city to the safety camp. It's our job, if that's what you want to call it," the second soldier explains.

"Why should we trust you?" Namjoon asks, aware that these people could be lying.

"Why shouldn't you? What have you got to lose in the middle of an apocalypse?" The second soldier ignores our question, a lot like the first one did upon our encounter.

"Fine. They keys are up front," Namjoon states before he leans in to the group and whispers, "it's worth a try."

The car starts to move but this time we didn't know where we were going.

***

"Are any of you bitten or injured?" the first guard asks.

"None of us are bitten, but the girl, she got stabbed, it went right through her and needs to be stiched and disinfected as soon as possible," Jin answers.

"We'll do that for you at the camp, but there's one problem," guard one says.

"And what would that be?" Jin questions curiously.

"Your all going to be checked for underlying illnesses, we don't have room for the sick, only people that can fight if necessary."

That was harsh. I mean, aren't the sick people the ones in need of help the most? I gulped before positioning myself to look out of the window once again.

a/n: my enhypen album arrived today, I pulled heeseung and jungwon jfkfjf

also tysm for 1k I wasn't expecting that, I really appreciate it.

------------------------

This is how I imagined Yoongi reacting to Y/n's joke: