Chapter Twelve

Cupping my hands, I directed them down into the crystalline water before raising them up to my lips and swallowing it down; following this process a few more times. Droplets were running down my chin and dropped down onto my grimy hoodie. I looked down at my reflection and instantly regretted it, I was filthy. This time I scooped the water onto my forehead and scrubbed all of dirt, smoke and blood from my face. The tensed muscles slowly started to calm and I felt so much more relaxed than before. I should go get the boys now, I bet they're thirsty too.

Once again, I looked at my reflection. This time my face was clean and I felt my confidence rise a little bit. The snap of a twig filled the silent air. My head snapped around and I gulped when there was no one in sight. Perhaps it was just the wind, or my mind playing tricks on me. Looking back at the water, I stared at my reflection one last time but my body stiffened when the sight of a walker appeared over my shoulder as it started to snap it's teeth, making a clicking sound whilst it sniffed me.

From what I could see this walker had many feminine features. It had a short blonde bob hanging over its blood covered face and a short yellow summer dress that was now stained all over with mud and a dry red colour. Now dried-up mascara ran over its cheeks and covered small parts of the purple veins. Its eyes were white and an old bite was clearly visible on its forearm as that region was surrounded by blood and was overall a swollen purple mess.

I quickly rolled to the side before it could sink its teeth into me and I rushed to my feet. The zombie looked somewhat angered by my sudden move but I was almost sure that I imagined that part. Screaming out loudly, I started to run. It chased after me at an inhumane speed. Thankfully, I knew how to run fast but I didn't know how long I could outrun it like this.

My chest is tight and sore. Breath rasping and whistling through my lungs. The walker was screaming. Out loud. The squeals were ripping through the trees. Screaming and screaming. Suddenly, I tripped over a large oak tree branch and I fell down. Rapidly, I turned onto my back only to see the walker using this opportunity to its advantage. It tried to pounce atop of me but I kicked it hard in the stomach with my left leg causing it to double back and fall over. This time it was my scream that filled the air.

"Help! Yoongi! Jin?!" I screamed out loudly in hope of them hearing me.

The walker started to crawl back towards me as I used my elbows to pull myself backwards and I kicked my left leg to push myself in the direction behind me only to find I wasn't moving. Dread took over me when I found my right ankle stuck under the branch. My imprisoned ankle was rotatable but I couldn't free it from the twisted root. A frustrated groan left my mouth but it was soon replaced by a blood-curling scream. That thing had grasped onto my trapped foot.

"Get off me you filthy bitch," I yelled through gritted teeth as I raised my left leg and used my full force to kick it right in the nose.

Whilst the walker was down again, I used this chance to lift the root and free my ankle. As I stood up I grabbed a large stone that was beside a shrub and used it to massacre the walker that had attacked me moments ago. Over and over I raised the mossy stone above my head and smashed it down onto the skull of the walker until there were no movements and a foul smell lingered around the atmosphere nearby. I kneeled over the body, my hair blew lightly in the direction that the wind was drifting in; as I felt victorious.

"Y/n? What happened? Are you okay?" I hear a voice say from behind me.

The rock fell from my blood-stained hands and I turned around to face a concerned Jin.

"I-I'm fine. I k-killed it," I stutter, still shell-shocked.

"Guys! Over here!" Jin yells out to the other three. 

Jin walks over and pulls me into a light hug before releasing me. 

"You're like my little sister, I thought I lost you for a moment," he says sadly.

"Awh, did Jinnie worry about me?" I say, teasing him.

"Yes. You worried all of us," he speaks simply, "especially Yoongi."

There was a rustle in the bushes before I see three other boys walk out from behind a tree. First came Namjoon, Hoseok and then:

Yoongi with a tear-stained face...