Chapter Twenty-seven [FINALE]

(The image above was edited by me however the image of the stars is not. If you're a fan of this story go ahead and screenshot it if you wish.)

TW: blood, injury, death.

"Hobi wake up," I cried as I shook his shoulders roughly.

He couldn't be gone. It must all be a dream. In a moment my eyes will pull themselves open and I'll be shoved back into reality where I'm laying on the cold dungeon floor with chains locked around my wrists and ankles. Jimin will be in the cell opposite and we'll be friends. Jimin...

My gaze averted from Hobi's lifeless body and to where Jimin was standing only moments ago. There he stood in that same place, however now he was shell-shocked and guilt ran over his face like a rapid disease can spread around the body.

You could tell by his eyes and posture that he knew what he did was wrong: he tried to shoot me and leave me but instead he murdered someone completely innocent. Maybe there was more evil than good in the world.

Namjoon must've shot Jimin as soon as he'd pulled the trigger and shot Hoseok because blood poured down his right shoulder. It pooled out from the slashed skin and covered the whole of his hand, causing it to drip down his forearm and drop to the floor once it had reached the curve at his elbow. The blood was on his hands too, literally.

"Go away," I seethed with venom laced into the tone of my voice.

"I- I'm sorry," he trembled with a tiny voice before turning around and fleeing from the scene.

The second he had left my eyesight I had looked back down to Hobi. His once hopeful eyes were now dull and lifeless. I reached my hand out, the blood now dried and forming crust, and place my index finger on one eyelid and my middle finger on another. Gently I pulled them down, leaving his eyes closed. He could now rest in peace.

"Come on Y/n, it's time to leave," Yoongi says hoarsely as he pulls me up by my shoulder and gently leads me away from the scene, his arm still draped around my shoulder.

Slowly, me and the four- three boys started to head down the corridor heading to somewhere where food had apparently been supplied by the boys whilst I was serving time in the make-shift prison. After only a couple minutes of walking, we'd found ourselves in a classroom, except the windows had been covered by sheets of black paper and the tables and chairs had been pushed around the perimeters of the room.

In the middle of the room, blankets and sleeping bags were laid out to create a comfortable space to sleep. A shelf that had once held text books and pieces of paper was now stocked with various anti-biotics and cans of non-perishable foods. Although the atmosphere was sorrowful, and the people in the room were mourning their losses of a brother, it felt like home.

"Come on, you need rest," Yoongi says as he pushes me down onto a sleeping bag. I obliged and lay down on my side tiredly.

As Yoongi went to leave, I reached out and wrapped my fingers around his wrist.

"Stay," I mumbled out with my eyes closed, "please."

Slowly and carefully, Yoongi lay down behind me and I for once, felt content to sleep. Gently, he placed an arm around my torso and pulled me closer so that my back was pressed firmly against his chest. I could feel his warm breath fanning against my neck in a fixed pace as I slowly started to drift off to sleep.

After all we had been through, after much suffering and grief we had finally managed to reach a place where we could safely be together. The old classroom had now become our home. We would take it in turns to go on food runs into the old safe haven - which had become abandoned after the boys let out the zombies in order to break me out of jail. It was nice, and not a day went by where I didn't miss my best friend Hoseok, but I'm sure he was watching us from somewhere and he was proud. Moments before I drifted off to sleep, I could here Yoongi whisper three words into my ear: